ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Skeet classes
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:43 am 
Tournament Grade

I use to shoot American skeet for the past years and recently after watching mr Hancock shoot I decided to try Olympic skeet

My questions are

What's a good score for Olympic skeet, I am making 21s and I'd very difficult to go up from there

Are there any competitions like the American skeet

Is there a good couching video?

I had to buy a new perazzi mx 8 to train so I m taking it serious., and maybe why not compete sometime

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Post subject: Re: Skeet classes
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:13 pm 
Crown Grade

Your drops should due to a bad mounts that you are perfecting, and not missed shots on the doubles due to incorrect break points instead.

Where the transition from American skeet to I Skeet comes in, is in the perfection of doubles at 3/4/5 in A.S, which translates over to IS with just faster moving targets that you use a lighter gun for instead.

Forget the video's, you need hands on coaching to help you get the correct form for the correct break points on the Doubles on 3/4/5, which you will carry back over to the other stations instead.

Simply, you need to be able to break the first target in the par, with enough time to break your focus off the first target and look over to see the second target before it hits center line and is on your barrels. So having said that, a great form is needed on the first target movement for a clean quick break, which give you enough time for the eye shift over to see the second target before it already on you, or past your barrels, the correct form to get over to the target and make the correct move to put a clean short return move on it as well.

To sum it up, if at the doubles, the breaks are not close to each other with you fulling in control of both targets, lesson time is needed. You running down the second target after is has already gotten past your barrels is just going to end up with a 50/50 break rate on those targets.

Post subject: Re: Skeet classes
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:39 pm 
Tournament Grade

Dano great info thanks for the tip

You hit the nail on the head. The mount is where my mistakes are

I am consistently shooting 21 with a high 24

Doubles is a problem.

Thanks again will try to find a good couch.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire