ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Olimpic skeet field in Naples?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:37 am 
Tournament Grade

Anybody know where?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Post subject: Re: Olimpic skeet field in Naples?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:43 am 
Presentation Grade

Naples Florida or Naples, Italy?

NRA Life Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:44 pm 
Tournament Grade

Florida

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:31 am 
Presentation Grade

I don't know if POTI offers it but even if they don't, maybe you can ask them to load international birds and speed the traps up on one of the 5 ranges on a low vol. day for you.

NRA Life Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:23 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thks i Will ask

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:21 am 
Diamond Grade

our club does that every once in awhile. Fun and humbling.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:13 pm 
Field Grade

You're not terribly far from Trail Glades in Dade. They have a dedicated Int skeet field there and some serious shooters. I drive down there from north Broward county ~ 60 miles.

They're pretty loose on rules there, but if you go there with 1 1/8 ounce loads and a high mount you're gonna be wasting your time.

If you haven't shot international birds, before you go there it would REALLY pay to shoot American skeet int style a bunch before you go. It's also a good idea to have the puller pull mostly doubles on an Am Skt field as practice using 7/8 ounce or at least 1 ounce loads.

Int is a humbling experience for most American skeet shooters, and they rarely go more than once. :-)

See for rules:

http://www.vc4hss.com/Shotgun/I_Skeet.htm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:07 am 
Presentation Grade

gnappi wrote:
Int is a humbling experience for most American skeet shooters, and they rarely go more than once. :-)

Yeah. It can be a little tricky to break 100 straight in International Skeet for most American skeet shooters. While 100 straight is an every day occurrence in NSSA to the point of banality, 100/100 is quite uncommon in ISSF. As for all the 150/150 that get shot in NSSA world championships, there were over 40 in the 12 gauge event IIRC, I think there are maybe 3-5 guys in the world who could manage that in an ISSF event.

I brought some American skeet shooter to my club once. He claimed that 100 straights were normal for him. He shot a 10, a 12, and by the end, managed a best of 15. He said he would never do it again and would stick to American skeet. Regarding ISSF skeet, I told him that "if it were easy, everyone would be doing it" with a wink. He didn't understand what I was getting at.

NRA Life Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:22 am 
Tournament Grade

Jerrys, not sure if I am too late but if you need infos, PM me and I will send you my number (Ich wohne in Deutschland...)

I have been to Port of the Isles a few times as my Mom lives in Naples. As of last year they did not have dedicated Int. Skeet but I went out with a few guys and shot the regular US birds with a low mount and in Int. Skeet order and we had a blast.

One of the friendliest clubs I have visited.

They are under new management now so I am very interested to see what happens - my parents have had a house in Naples since the late 80s and all the money that is flowing in there has changed things - some good, some bad.

They are now called Gulf Coast Clays.

I may be there this summer...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:50 am 
Presentation Grade

erock_germany wrote:
Jerrys, not sure if I am too late but if you need infos, PM me and I will send you my number (Ich wohne in Deutschland...).

I did PM you last summer. It went unanswered for several weeks. I guess you never noticed it. I was wondering if you were going to be shooting in the Deutsche Meisterschaft in Munich and offered to meet. However, the DM came and went so I deleted the message to you.

There is a 200 bird tourney in Schale this May. Do you think you might go?

NRA Life Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:39 am 
Tournament Grade

jerrys wrote:
erock_germany wrote:
Jerrys, not sure if I am too late but if you need infos, PM me and I will send you my number (Ich wohne in Deutschland...).

I did PM you last summer. It went unanswered for several weeks. I guess you never noticed it. I was wondering if you were going to be shooting in the Deutsche Meisterschaft in Munich and offered to meet. However, the DM came and went so I deleted the message to you.

There is a 200 bird tourney in Schale this May. Do you think you might go?

Hmmmm...never saw that and just realized you did not start the thread...reading too fast...

:wink:

Busy with the regular tournaments this year and Schale falls on my B-Day (family has something planned...)

Got your PM - you have mail...