ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Will ANY of the shotgun events be available via video/TV?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:33 am 
Crown Grade

It took me about 40 minutes of searching yesterday to come up with the actual shooting schedule that shows the day on which each individual shotgun event occurs.

Sunday, Aug 7: Women's Trap & Day 1 Men's Trap
Monday, Aug 8: Day 2 Men's Trap
Wednesday, Aug 10: Men's Double Trap
Friday, Aug 12: Women's Skeet & Day 1 Men's Skeet
Satuday, Aug 13: Day 2 Men's Skeet

Will any of these events be shown live on television (I doubt it) or recorded and made available for viewing via an Internet link or through an 'On Demand' service? I couldn't find any mention of this on the NBC, ISSF, or IOC websites. It would be great if somebody could find out and post it up on here.

Retired

Post subject: Re: Will ANY of the shotgun events be available via video/TV
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:00 am 
Presentation Grade

Final answer will depend on whether any Americans are in the finals (truthfully). Best bet is to try and watch it on ISSF channel. Supposed to carry live.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:18 pm 
Crown Grade

Thanks PW. I'll send an email to the ISSF and see if they can tell me when and where I might be able to view the events.

Retired

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:58 pm 
Presentation Grade

My local paper printed a special pull-out section on the Olympics today, including TV coverage by most of the channels. There was no listing for either skeet or trap shooting.

I hope that my local paper is wrong, and that there is indeed so clay target shooting coverage.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:11 am 
Crown Grade

Here is the response I got back from the ISSF with regard to them televising anything:
Quote:
We thank you for your email and must inform you, that the ISSF has no TV rights for Olympic Games. You have to select your country TV channels.

Pintailwizard, could you further explain what you meant when you said: Best bet is to try and watch it on ISSF channel."? Where would I find the 'ISSF channel?'
PS: I've written back to ISSF and also NBC asking if the events will be recorded and made available after the fact.

Retired

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:21 am 
Crown Grade

Just got an answer back from the ISSF on my second request for more information:
Quote:
Thank you for your email but as I said before, the ISSF has no rights and no access to videos from the IOC Olympic channel for our website.

You can follow the Olympics at the IOC Olympic channel as follows: http://www.issf-sports.org/news.ashx?newsid=2633

Going to that link will tell you that the IOC will launch its Olympic Channel at the conclusion of Rio 2016 (August 21). So unless NBC will make some post event videos available on their website, we may have to wait until the games are over before we'll be able to actually see the events.

Retired

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:04 pm 
Crown Grade

Update from NBC:
Quote:
We have been informed that the information is not yet available. If you will, please check back with us and see if there is any updates.
Less than 5 days until the games begin and NBC doesn't know if the shotgun events will be televised (I seriously doubt it) or recorded (maybe - if we're extremely lucky). And if it is recorded, when and where will it be released to the general public. Unbelievable; simply unbelievable. :evil:

Retired

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:38 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Bob:

I found this schedule online showing an overview of shooting sports TV coverage.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/full-schedule

I think this is set up for my cable provider, but might provide a place to start for coverage in your area. Looks like the finals of the men's and women's trap and skeet events will get an hour each. Doubles trap and some air rifle and rifle events look to be lightly covered as well.

Romans 8:1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:00 am 
Utility Grade

Hi all, I understand NBC did stream some of the qualifying in Women's Skeet online. If they did, did anyone happen to work out a way of keeping a copy? Cheers, Dave