ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: what to read or watch for International skeet
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:56 pm 
Field Grade

Hi everyone, flexible here. Well last week I went from American Skeet to International Skeet - with a .410 of course, might as well make it really difficult.
I stunk but really loved it.
I found an old print out from Tonino Blasi "Step by Step to Success, The Art of Skeet Shooting" but the print is too small for my aging eyes (71).
Does anyone know where i can get a copy of this with larger print? Or any other recommendations for reading on Int'l Skeet, DVD's etc.
thanks

Post subject: Re: what to read or watch for International skeet
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:08 pm 
Tournament Grade

http://www.vc4hss.com/Shotgun/I_Skeet.htm

There is an Open International shoot at Crossville Shooting Sports Park June 19-21. More Info here: https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewto ... 2&t=512774

Check out Vincent Hancock's videos on Instagram, and Youtube. He has been putting out content that top notch over the covid lockdown.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:45 pm 
Crown Grade

There is a senior class sometimes specified in local area Int Skeet that is usually not well attended. You might try looking into that as a possibility when you get ready to go to a match.

There is also a class for people crazy enough to shoot international skeet with a .410. It is the M class and stands for Masochist!

I have been known to win bronze when there are 3 shooters entered! :oops: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:15 am 
Field Grade

As far as the Masochist comment, you are correct! it was an extremely poor performance but it might make me better at Sporting Clays. I found out Kevin Kilty has an updated book coming out on Olympic Skeet with an emphasis on psychology & mental training, trying to order it now.
thanks
flexible