ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DB81 barrels fit which receivers?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:15 pm 
Crown Grade

Hey Guys,

I'm not a P-shooter (but I own 4 K-80's and don't shoot them, either!)

Saw a set of DB81 barrels for sale, and wonder which receivers they would fit.

I understand that barring a high comb to super-stack the beads, it's a relatively flat shooting barrel?

Appreciate any info. Have been feeling like I should add a P-gun to my mix, I have only ever shot one once, and that was in about 1988, for one round of skeet.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: DB81 barrels fit which receivers?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:12 pm 
Field Grade

They'll fit any square monobloc receiver with Type 4 forend iron...newer MX3 Specials/MX4s (but *not* regular MX3s), MX8s, MX12s, MX2000s, and many others. Most newer Perazzi O/Us (except the MXS). They'll also fit newer MT6s with Type 4 forend iron; earlier MT6s had an MT6-specific forend attachment point and iron...you could have this swapped on the barrels for about $150 not counting rebluing, but it would reduce the resale value of the barrel since there aren't as many MT6s out there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:11 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

John Henry wrote:
Hey Guys,

Appreciate any info. Have been feeling like I should add a P-gun to my mix, I have only ever shot one once, and that was in about 1988, for one round of skeet.

Thanks!

John: Sent you a PM.

jwr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:07 pm 
Crown Grade

Thanks Dolby and JWR!

And also to Sera, who I had a great phone call with yesterday! He wasn't very productive in the office yesterday afternoon, I can assure you of that!! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:23 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

John: Who cares? I'm the senior partner and generate the work. No one'll say a word.

PLUS talking guns is relaxing and my guys/ladies want me relaxed and not breathing down their necks. They all think the Internet is the greatest thing ever , cuz I tend to window-shop and leave them alone.

Our prentice Tom may now refuse
To wipe his scoundrel master's shoes
For now he's free to sing and play
O'er the hills and far away.