ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Perrazi MXS
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:43 am 
Tournament Grade

They are not bad guns but....consider a used mx8 perhaps ot MXS2000. The MT6 is ok but very out of date and spare parts are a challenge
Google Don Rackley . He has a website that gives very good information on buying used Perazzi’s
I have 2 MX8s bought new in Italy in 1990 and both running strong
My wife has an MX8 also.
Maintenance is pretty straight forward on them

Again nothing wrong with MXS but many choices (and opinions) when looking At Perazzi
Half the fun is the search

GoodLuck

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:41 pm 
Presentation Grade

I've been eye balling a new MXS, I'd like to shoot one though and see how they feel, I have a feeling that trying to find one in a lefty stock might damn near impossible.

The appealing thing is that it's a plain jane bare bones P gun and to me, less is more, maybe I'm missing something?

NSCA#620844
"regarde le putain d'oiseau"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:01 pm 
Presentation Grade

fal777 wrote:
They are not bad guns but....consider a used mx8 perhaps ot MXS2000. The MT6 is ok but very out of date and spare parts are a challenge
Google Don Rackley . He has a website that gives very good information on buying used Perazzi’s
I have 2 MX8s bought new in Italy in 1990 and both running strong
My wife has an MX8 also.
Maintenance is pretty straight forward on them

Again nothing wrong with MXS but many choices (and opinions) when looking At Perazzi
Half the fun is the search

GoodLuck

Newer Type 4 MT6s have identical parts to current production MX12s. Older MT6s are similar with a couple small changes apart from the unique forend iron, like they have the lever lock release pin at the 12o'clock position, like Type 3 MX8s. Parts have been pretty easy to get from Whiz White, Don Rackley, Target Shotguns, Inc, and Teague Chokes.