ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Perazzi choke tube
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:50 am 
Utility Grade

I have an Ithaca Perazzi Mirage that was proofed in 1977. It is one of the ones with the short under barrel. I need a Perazzi choke tube for it that when screwed in brings the barrels to the same length. Can anyone tell me where I may find one? Thanks for your time...........9.3

Post subject: Re: Perazzi choke tube
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:40 am 
Crown Grade

9.3 Mauser wrote:
I have an Ithaca Perazzi Mirage that was proofed in 1977. It is one of the ones with the short under barrel. I need a Perazzi choke tube for it that when screwed in brings the barrels to the same length. Can anyone tell me where I may find one? Thanks for your time...........9.3

A couple of questions??
Did Perazzi make choke tube guns in 1977? So, maybe an after market choke tube.
28” is very short for a trap gun? (From previous post)
Have the barrels been shortened?
Does it list barrel length on the barre?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:09 am 
Utility Grade

Where is the barrel length stated on the barrels? I know that 28 Inch is short for a trap gun. I can find nothing in any 1977 ads either Ithaca or Perazzi that relate to choke tubes. If the barrels have been shorten it has been done so at great expense to finish the rib between the barrels so well and the ventilated top rib also. No I do not think they have been shortened..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:37 am 
Crown Grade

9.3 Mauser wrote:
Where is the barrel length stated on the barrels? I know that 28 Inch is short for a trap gun. I can find nothing in any 1977 ads either Ithaca or Perazzi that relate to choke tubes. If the barrels have been shorten it has been done so at great expense to finish the rib between the barrels so well and the ventilated top rib also. No I do not think they have been shortened..

It should be listed on the barrel.
Maybe not original barrel to gun?? Serial #s match?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:01 am 
Utility Grade

serial numbers match. I am told that I need a series one choke tube and that will solve my problems. Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:09 am 
Presentation Grade

Perazzi made two choke tubes that had a short knurled section at the top of them (muzzle end) that might fit your gun. One had threads toward the top, the other had threads toward the bottom. Figure out which of those you have. Once you've done that, you could either search through ebay.com and gunbroker.com, where they sometimes turn up.

Or if you want new ones (and excellent ones at that), I'd look at: teaguechokes.com . You'll need either the Perazzi "MT6" or "MX4" depending on which end of the choke tube is threaded. You can see their website for pics showing what I mean.

If you have the "MT6" style (threads toward top) and are okay with used ones, I might have some spare Perazzi original ones I can sell you for relatively cheap. Just PM me which constrictions you want and I'll check and see if I have spares.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:00 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

FWIW--Perazzi made choke tubes in the late 60's.

OP--look at the thread you started in "General" and there's a pic that will help you.

Our prentice Tom may now refuse
To wipe his scoundrel master's shoes
For now he's free to sing and play
O'er the hills and far away.