ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Zoli Kronas a Perazzi MX8 clone?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:40 am 
Tournament Grade

O.K. all you Perazzi Lovers, I hear talk that the Zoli Kronas is a Perazzi MX8 clone.
I personally don't believe the Zoli is anywhere close to a Perazzi MX8.
Please share your Pros & Cons thoughts on this subject.
Thanks.

Best,
Breakemall
Western North Carolina

Post subject: Re: Zoli Kronas a Perazzi MX8 clone?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:40 am 
Tournament Grade

Boring

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:03 am 
Presentation Grade

I own a Zoli Kronos/Verona LX980 (disclaimer: it's for sale). I also own a Perazzi MX3 Special, which is functionally identical to an MX8. I will say that the Zoli is a fine gun, and that in my opinion, it moves similarly to my MX3 Special. However, the Zoli is *not* a clone, and anyone saying so probably hasn't looked at one closely, much less disassembled both.

The Zoli has some advantages over the Perazzi:
1. It comes from the factory with a trigger that is adjustable for LOP. (Perazzis don't have this unless you buy a P4 trigger.)
2. It has a barrel selector/safety on the top tang. (MX8s don't have selectable barrels unless you upgrade a trigger to be internally selectable, requiring you to remove the trigger to change barrel order, or buy a trigger with an external selector...pricey.)
3. Zoli silver solders their barrels so the side ribs never come loose. (Some Perazzis have had problems with their side ribs coming loose.)

Perazzi MX8 advantages over the Zoli:
1. The action of the Perazzi is more robust. (The Perazzi's trapezoidal lugs inside the receiver offer *much* more engagement surface with the barrels' monobloc.)
2. Removing the trigger is much easier on the MX8 than on the Zoli. (Perazzi, just push the safety forward and pull down; Zoli, you have to remove a screw, and it's a bit more fiddly to take out.)
3. The Perazzi is super simple to take apart and work on; knock out a couple pins and the relatively few internal parts all come apart. It's like the Glock of O/U shotguns. (To be fair, the Zoli is fairly similar to a coil spring trigger Perazzi and isn't too bad in this regard; Berettas and Krieghoffs are a nightmare in comparison).

They're both great guns, but the Zoli isn't a clone of an MX8.
The only "clone" of a Perazzi I know of is the Yildiz ProStar, which is basically a clone of a fixed trigger MX12. However, I've heard there's a slight difference in the rear receiver contours such that stocks don't interchange.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:04 pm 
Field Grade

BREAKEMALL wrote:
O.K. all you Perazzi Lovers, I hear talk that the Zoli Kronas is a Perazzi MX8 clone.
I personally don't believe the Zoli is anywhere close to a Perazzi MX8.
Please share your Pros & Cons thoughts on this subject.
Thanks.

Best,
Breakemall
Western North Carolina

This thread would likely be better posted in the Opinions or General forums as it is almost certainly going to get more readership in those two rather than on this Perazzi forum.

Look forward to reading the comments to your thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:23 am 
Tournament Grade

I own a Zoli Z Sport, 3 MX8’s, MX3 and wife has an MX8
My first Perazzi was an MT6 with the striped receiver bought back in 1980 or so.

The Zoli is not a “clone”. Wonderful gun and I shoot it frequently but not quite the same feel.
Will say the Customer Service from Zoli is astounding , have never seen better in the gun industry personally.