Shotgunworld.com
https://www.shotgunworld.com:443/bbs/

MX2000s doubling
https://www.shotgunworld.com:443/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=244&t=517938
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Chesterfield [ Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:41 am ]
Post subject:  MX2000s doubling

I have had my MX2000s for 11 years, 25,000-30,000 rounds through it. I sent it to Jim White about three years ago for a tune-up/check, he replaced a few small parts, it has always worked fine. Last week, at the NE regional main, final station, I selected top barrel first for the presentation and it doubled. Did destroy the rabbit. Tried again, it doubled again. Switched selector back to bottom barrel and went through the three pairs, no doubling. Barrel selector function is down to safe, over to barrel selection, and back up to fire. Don't think I could have messed that up. Ideas? Thanks.

Author:  Tvbh40a [ Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: MX2000s doubling

Probably incomplete move on the safety. I have made the same mistake. When I switch barrels now I close the gun and test fire to make sure. I know, empty chamber and all. Perazzi’s are finicky on barrel change. Love mine, but with fixed choke of lm/IM I don’t know if I should bother.

Author:  oldnnp [ Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: MX2000s doubling

There is the possibility that the recoil from shooting the top barrel first is causing bottom hammer to release from sear and both barrels fire. I would give Les Pittman a call. He is great with triggers. Guy at my club had same problem with his 2000S trigger and sent it to Les and It has not given him trouble since.

Oliver de Gravelle

Author:  Rooster booster [ Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: MX2000s doubling

Almost always the safety not fully engaged before moving the selector switch.

Author:  Boomhand [ Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MX2000s doubling

Rooster booster wrote:
Almost always the safety not fully engaged before moving the selector switch.

Is that an issue on a “S” with selector on the safety like a drop out trigger?

Author:  Rooster booster [ Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MX2000s doubling

Good point, may not be......

Author:  sera [ Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MX2000s doubling

Oliver is a real Perazzi expert , so listen to him.

I have had a few NOT "S" models double due to have the selector not fully engaged in "safe" when making the selection.

Never w/ an "s" model.

YMMV

Author:  winmod21 [ Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MX2000s doubling

My MX12 did that (same trigger as your MX2000s). You most likely have a mechanical problem. I sent mine to Giacomo’s and he replaced a bunch of parts. That was two years ago and no problems since.

Author:  mpolans [ Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MX2000s doubling

Tvbh40a wrote:
Probably incomplete move on the safety. I have made the same mistake. When I switch barrels now I close the gun and test fire to make sure. I know, empty chamber and all. Perazzi’s are finicky on barrel change. Love mine, but with fixed choke of lm/IM I don’t know if I should bother.

You realize he's shooting a fixed trigger Perazzi with the safety/selector lever on the top tang, right?

Author:  mpolans [ Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MX2000s doubling

oldnnp wrote:
There is the possibility that the recoil from shooting the top barrel first is causing bottom hammer to release from sear and both barrels fire. I would give Les Pittman a call. He is great with triggers. Guy at my club had same problem with his 2000S trigger and sent it to Les and It has not given him trouble since.

Oliver de Gravelle

This, probably caused by a worn sear or hammer. Best to leave it to a pro unless you really know what you're doing. Hammers and sears aren't cheap, and if you screw up the angles where the hammer and sear meet, it'll double (as it is doing now).

Author:  Chesterfield [ Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MX2000s doubling

Thank you all for your comments. I have sent it off to Whizzer White for a look-see.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/