ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lack of chokes (or dislike thereof)- Hunting guns
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:15 pm 
Tournament Grade

Just curious why so few folks spec out Perazzi chokes when the order new P Guns for themselves on hunting guns.
I've also seen suggestions of getting a new P Gun, then sending it to Briley for chokes to be installed.

I've had a couple used P Guns myself, but mostly fixed choke guns.
When the factory installs chokes, does it leave a 'ring' in the end when they install the threads in the barrel? I looked at some new Fabarm SxS today, and there was such a pronounced ring right where the chokes started. No Doubt it was easier to see with the bright blue of the barrels, but it was very a striking bulge. Granted, it's a $4k Msrp gun, but stilll.....

For me, I'll hunt Roosters over a Pointer one day, and a Flusher the next (might I add a flusher who gets a little excited and can range far)> to me, I think a gun that can change chokes is a big plus.

Post subject: Re: Lack of chokes (or dislike thereof)- Hunting guns
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:28 pm 
Limited Edition

Perazzi factory chokes are heavy. Noticeable if you are used to a fixed choke Perazzi. Briley flush chokes add no or very little weight to the end of the barrel. My .02. I shoot fixed a choke Perazzi, LM, IM. I never think about chokes, pointer or flusher...unfortunately my pudelpointer will do both sometimes.