ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: opinions for a new s/s
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:25 pm 
Field Grade

I want to buy a new side by side 12 ga 28''
I will used it a bit for hunting and as a fourth gun for fun shooting clays: maybe 1000 rds/year

I want something reliable and good quality, hoping they last some time before going to the gunsmith (and since parts are not easily available ....)

I looked at huglu, churchill and armsan

what would you recommend ?

Thanks for taking the time to answer

Post subject: Re: opinions for a new s/s
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:40 pm 
Crown Grade

I think the one shown in the link would be perfect! :lol:

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns- ... =101544907

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:01 pm 
Tournament Grade

oyeme wrote:

Not a side by side but it does look so perfect!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:02 pm 
Field Grade

Hum...I can see Oyeme that you're a man of good taste. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:56 pm 
Crown Grade

shacked wrote:
oyeme wrote:

Not a side by side but it does look so perfect!

Here is a side by side version in 20 gauge. Just incredible craftsmanship!

Go big or go home! :lol:

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns- ... =101544926

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:45 pm 
Diamond Grade

For intended use, the Bobwhite model, Huglu made CZ gun would be the budget choice, whereas for a higher quality, better finished gun, an AKUS made SBE12 would be the way to go.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:58 am 
Limited Edition

Dickinson or SKB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:20 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I like the Dickenson and SKB, though it appears that SKB has elimintated part of the SxS line, but will be bringing out new ones. I also like the CZ Sharptail.

Bob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:21 am 
Crown Grade

CDNN has 12 ga Dickinson Prestige True sidelock SXS's for $2899.99 for the 28" or $2499.99 for the 30" barrels. I purchased a 30" barrel Prestige last year and really like it a lot. I intend to use it for skeet, 5 stand and sporting clays when this pandemic crap is over, but so far have only used it with my wobble trap. I had a leather covered Decelerator pad put on, as it came with a checkered wooden butt. It is a lot of gun for that price.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:59 pm 
Diamond Grade

Riflemeister wrote:
CDNN has 12 ga Dickinson Prestige True sidelock SXS's for $2899.99 for the 28" or $2499.99 for the 30" barrels. I purchased a 30" barrel Prestige last year and really like it a lot. I intend to use it for skeet, 5 stand and sporting clays when this pandemic crap is over, but so far have only used it with my wobble trap. I had a leather covered Decelerator pad put on, as it came with a checkered wooden butt. It is a lot of gun for that price.

Wow! That is a LOT of gun for the money!!! Congratulations.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:55 pm 
Crown Grade

Location: Western Carolina - foothills to the Great Smoky Mtns!
Riflemeister wrote:

Howdee, Riflemeister - and OP!

I just placed my order for that 30” this morning. I have and enjoy a Weatherby (Fausti) D’Italia and Ruger Gold Label both with 28” barrels; however; recent encounters with a close-to-century-old 30” Parker Bros convinced me I must have a 30” for sporting targets at not too far from me Cleghorn. I hope to have the SL in hand Thursday. Would hope to shoot it Friday but alas, 92%+ chance of downpours so, we KNOW that AIN’T a-happenin’!

Hope it’s anywhere close to as purty as yours is to the eye, and upon me shoulder!

Curious: how long was the gun out of your possession, in order to have the leather Deceleraor installed and can you recommend who I might retain to do the same?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:24 am 
Limited Edition

Check out the FAIR Iside line. They are the largest maker of side by sides in Italy

http://www.italianfirearmsgroup.com/fai ... ruga-gold/

https://www.shotgunworld.com/shotguns/fa ... gauge.html

I have two of their O/U and they are awesome. My friend bought their Iside Prestige Taratuga Gold in 16ga and it's a beautiful gun.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:03 am 
Crown Grade

Location: Western Carolina - foothills to the Great Smoky Mtns!
Update: Yipes. Whatever gun one decides upon, if it requires shipping be aware I have learned this morning FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc still are not back to “full” online due to last weeks weather event.

I’m sure it may not effect “all” parts of the country but, I placed an order direct with a rep. in TX via phone at 9am yesterday who assured me FedEx normally emails buyers tracking info “same evening of day of order.” Nevertheless, as of 9am next day (today), 24-hours and still no shipping label has even been created by FedEx yet ...

Had I known I probably would’ve found a way to reserve my gun and wait a few more days before having it entrusted to who knows who ...