ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tristar Raptor Silver?
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 9:18 am 
Presentation Grade

Got an email ad today from GrabAGun, advertising a Tristar Raptor Silver in 12 ga. for $345.

Product description on GrabAGun lists silver receiver, wood stock, black barrel, etc., and the picture appears to match the description.

I'm not in the market right now, but this had me intrigued, as I've never seen a Raptor in anything but synthetic. A check of the Tristar website doesn't mention anything about a wood stocked Raptor, but a google search for Tristar Raptor Silver produces a handful of online dealers who are advertising them, so I'm thinking they may actually be legit.

Has anyone else seen or heard of a Raptor Silver?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein

Post subject: Re: Tristar Raptor Silver?
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 9:20 pm 
Crown Grade

I would call TriStar and ask. It may be an Armsan gun that simply does not have the TriStar markings and if so, it is a good reliable gun especially for that money!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:38 am 
Presentation Grade

Reviving my old thread here....

I finally had to scratch my itch for a new shotgun. Sportsman's Warehouse had this (20 ga, 26" bbl) on sale this week, for $299.99 (no, that's NOT a typo). Opening a Sportsman's Warehouse credit card got me an additional 15% off the purchase price. With the discount, I was out the door for under $275 after tax.

I ordered it online, to be picked up at their Minnesota store. The biggest drawback so far is that the expected delivery date is 12/21, so I have to wait 1 1/2 weeks before I get to fondle it. Of course, now I have to figure out how to sneak it into the house without SWMBO finding out...

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:50 am 
Crown Grade

Dang, if it just goes bang once in a while it is worth what you paid for it! :shock:

I bet it turns out to be a decent shotgun. If so that strikes me as very effective "retail therapy" for that gun itch. Can't wait to hear the hands on report.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:07 am 
Field Grade

Very curious to see how it will hold up, what will be your experience.

A year ago. I bought one for me (12 ga) one for my son and a month later a 20 ga.

They fit me pretty well (especially 12 ga). I shoot mainly clays. The gun is pretty nice looking. One gun is working A1 (shot 750 rounds of many brands shells) the other one ( 1350 rounds) from time to time I have a FTE, the empty shell jammed in the receiver squeezed by the other shell coming up.

What I don't like is the fact that the bolt is scraping the top of the receiver, you don't notice it or see it but when you clean the gun you find little chips (small hair) of aluminum that are coming from the top of the receiver.

I never seen such a situation (I had quite a few of shotguns) Tristar told me that this is normal and it will stop eventually........?

How course we got what we pay for....but it is a nice shotgun.

Curious to see you report.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:11 pm 
Field Grade

I just picked one up as a Christmas present for my son at Sportsman's Warehouse
for $299.

I had intended to get him a Remington 870 Express, but after visiting three gun shops, there
were none to be had.

I didn't know much about Tri-Star except they made the Walmart O/U guns in Turkey.

I figured at $299 I couldn't go to wrong. It will mainly be busting clays, with fall doves
thrown in once and a while.

The odd thing is I can't find the Raptor silver on Tri-stars web site. You see a Raptor with a black receiver, but no silver.

I looked at the owners manual PDF, and I swear the gas system is very Remington 1100ish, and the trigger group reminds me of my brothers Beretta.

Any way I will let you all know how it works out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:55 am 
Field Grade

FYI

Tristar told me that the raptor silver is only available with some distributors and its not on their website.

If you look at the schematic it looks close to the G2.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:52 am 
Limited Edition

Take a look at this post from about a year and a half ago. A Member is crazy about His Raptor , https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewto ... r#p4078842

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:23 am 
Field Grade

.45Colt
Thanks for linking that post. I hope my sons new Raptor goes 100K rounds.
Gunner45

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:00 pm 
Limited Edition

You Are Welcome Gunner. once You see how easy it is to take them down for cleaning I think You will be hooked. And if You have any questions call Tristar , they always answer the phone during business hours. Good Luck and have fun.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:54 am 
Field Grade

While not on the same gun, I was in the Sportsman Warehouse in Greensboro yesterday and saw a Tristar O/U for 449. had several different guages. Nice looking gun. I have the Trinity and love it. 20G