Shotgun Forum banner

Akkar Churchill Semi-auto Ammo Requirements

37K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  gphotog 
#1 ·
Picked one of these up for a song new, little information from Akkar on minimum ammo requirements to cycle. Getting the occasional failure to eject with 1oz reloads, wondering if anyone knows what minimum ammo requirements are for this model? It's basically another version of the Akkar Altay 212.

https://www.akkar.com.tr/altay-212-silver-2-374

#3 ·
Good, mine seems like hotter loads, 1Oz 3DrEQ or heavier cycles it reliably. I've put around 3000 rounds through it so far. Bought it as a bird gun, but it keeps getting taken to the skeet field. It doesn't seem to be dirt sensitive, easy to take down completel and clean and appears to be well made. I would receommend running a box or two of heavy field loads through it when you get it to break it in. Mine was a little fussy until I ran a flat of handicap trap loads through it, now it works flawlessly. Also, I run mine with the piston wet, I spray the tube and inside of the piston with fluid film and leave a light film on them.

#4 ·
Thanks! Glad to hear it's working out for you.

I'm looking to pick up a new (affordable) auto, and it's between the Huglu Veyron, which seems great at $650 CAD, or the Churchill (Akkar 212) at an almost suspicious $499.
If it's working out so well for you, I may have to think on this a little longer!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.