Shotgunworld.com
https://www.shotgunworld.com:443/bbs/

Joined the Turkish Club
https://www.shotgunworld.com:443/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=247&t=511564
Page 2 of 2

Author:  painter* [ Sat May 09, 2020 9:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Joined the Turkish Club

richg99 wrote:
A call to the local PO might not hurt...just in case they have delivered it .....to someone else.

If it had been delivered anywhere, you'd think tracking would indicate that.

According to tracking, it's likely sitting in a trailer waiting for it to fill because there's no indication of it arriving at any destination.

Author:  lossking [ Sun May 10, 2020 7:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Joined the Turkish Club

The USPS is short-handed due to Covid-19, and most mail is arriving late. Hope your Dickinson arrives soon.

Author:  painter* [ Mon May 11, 2020 5:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Joined the Turkish Club

lossking wrote:
The USPS is short-handed due to Covid-19, and most mail is arriving late. Hope your Dickinson arrives soon.

Probably the case.

Tracking says it landed in Springfield, MA yesterday at 5:30. 5 days to travel 70 miles. It's about 200 miles from there to the FFL. Hopefully it doesn't take two more weeks. :mrgreen:

Author:  painter* [ Thu May 14, 2020 7:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Joined the Turkish Club

Picked up the gun tonight.

It's a cute little thing. Not as light as I thought it might be, but I haven't weighed it.

One thing for sure...the triggers are horrible. They creep, click, and then you need to pull really hard to release the hammers. Not sure which way to go.

Author:  Redhat [ Thu May 14, 2020 8:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Joined the Turkish Club

painter* wrote:
Picked up the gun tonight.

It's a cute little thing. Not as light as I thought it might be, but I haven't weighed it.

One thing for sure...the triggers are horrible. They creep, click, and then you need to pull really hard to release the hammers. Not sure which way to go.



Clean and lube yet?

Author:  mea culpa [ Thu May 14, 2020 8:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Joined the Turkish Club

Did it come with a hookah (strictly for therapeutic purposes)? Asking for a friend.

Author:  painter* [ Thu May 14, 2020 8:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Joined the Turkish Club

Redhat wrote:
painter* wrote:
Picked up the gun tonight.

It's a cute little thing. Not as light as I thought it might be, but I haven't weighed it.

One thing for sure...the triggers are horrible. They creep, click, and then you need to pull really hard to release the hammers. Not sure which way to go.



Clean and lube yet?

No, I haven't. I'll likely pull the stock tomorrow, and look at what's what. BTW...it weighs less than it feels...5.4 lbs.
mea culpa wrote:
Did it come with a hookah (strictly for therapeutic purposes)? Asking for a friend.

I'm pretty sure it would make a pretty nice hookah all by itself. :mrgreen: {hs#

Author:  oyeme [ Thu May 14, 2020 10:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Joined the Turkish Club

painter* wrote:
Picked up the gun tonight.

It's a cute little thing. Not as light as I thought it might be, but I haven't weighed it.

One thing for sure...the triggers are horrible. They creep, click, and then you need to pull really hard to release the hammers. Not sure which way to go.


Randy Wakeman has had to send several models from different sources to have the triggers worked on. Check out the link below. Good news is that it is not an expensive fix for a huge improvement.

http://randywakeman.com/TriggerJobBeforeandAfter.htm

Author:  PineCreek28 [ Sat May 16, 2020 6:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Joined the Turkish Club

I think they are nice guns. I have one each in the 4 subgauges.
Great handling and shooting.

Author:  painter* [ Sat May 16, 2020 8:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Joined the Turkish Club

PineCreek28 wrote:
I think they are nice guns. I have one each in the 4 subgauges.
Great handling and shooting.

How are the triggers on yours?

Author:  painter* [ Fri May 29, 2020 7:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Joined the Turkish Club

Just to update, I bought a Lyman trigger gauge. The front trigger is over 12 pounds. The rear is in the 6 lb 15 oz range, so call it 7.

IMO, that's unacceptable for any gun, regardless of price.

Trigger work is in order. No way these triggers will lighten up to an acceptable level by shooting, or lubing.

I'll update when I take the next step. In the meantime call me underwhelmed.

Author:  toptechX6 [ Fri May 29, 2020 7:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Joined the Turkish Club

painter* wrote:
Just to update, I bought a Lyman trigger gauge. The front trigger is over 12 pounds. The rear is in the 6 lb 15 oz range, so call it 7.

IMO, that's unacceptable for any gun, regardless of price.

Trigger work is in order. No way these triggers will lighten up to an acceptable level by shooting, or lubing.

I'll update when I take the next step. In the meantime call me underwhelmed.


My experience with Turkish guns as well, tried a Weatherby Orion Sporting, lot of gun for the money but triggers sucked. Sold it to a friend that liked it better after realizing the heavy trigger was causing me to flinch, live and learn. :(

Author:  painter* [ Fri May 29, 2020 5:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Joined the Turkish Club

After a no reply from a contact with Cole's, and watching some Jack Rowe videos I decided to do a DIY trigger job

I got the front to the 3 1/2 pound range, and the rear to about a 1/2 ish pound heavier, which is what Jack recommends.

There may be a little creep, but I'll shoot it some before I do any more stoning

For the price, this should have been done at the factory.

Function test tomorrow, hopefully.

Author:  toptechX6 [ Fri May 29, 2020 5:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Joined the Turkish Club

Good job, you could start a lucrative business doing Turkish trigger jobs! Seems like most of them are pretty heavy, 3 1/2 to 4 is fine with me.

Author:  lossking [ Fri May 29, 2020 5:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Joined the Turkish Club

toptechX6 wrote:
Good job, you could start a lucrative business doing Turkish trigger jobs! Seems like most of them are pretty heavy, 3 1/2 to 4 is fine with me.


You can thank plaintiff lawyers for that.

Author:  painter* [ Fri May 29, 2020 5:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Joined the Turkish Club

toptechX6 wrote:
Good job, you could start a lucrative business doing Turkish trigger jobs! Seems like most of them are pretty heavy, 3 1/2 to 4 is fine with me.

The cost of liability insurance would take all the fun out of it. :wink:

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/