ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: First Outing With Viper G2
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 11:41 am 
Field Grade

So I finally got time to take the new Viper G2 black synthetic to the range. It was my first shotgunning lesson as well.

The gun performed flawlessly shooting my #8 loads from Federal and Estate. I found it to be rather soft shooting and was able to swing it easily...even managed to hit some of the targets! Round count was 50 for the 1 hr event. Can't comment on trigger pull as I don't recall much about that. I guess if it was a hindrance, I would have noticed. All in all, a good experience with no sore shoulder or cheek!

Looking forward to my next opportunity to shoot it. Probably try my hand at sporting clays next time out.

Post subject: Re: First Outing With Viper G2
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 12:01 pm 
Crown Grade

Redhat wrote:
So I finally got time to take the new Viper G2 black synthetic to the range. It was my first shotgunning lesson as well.

The gun performed flawlessly shooting my #8 loads from Federal and Estate. I found it to be rather soft shooting and was able to swing it easily...even managed to hit some of the targets! Round count was 50 for the 1 hr event. Can't comment on trigger pull as I don't recall much about that. I guess if it was a hindrance, I would have noticed. All in all, a good experience with no sore shoulder or cheek!

Looking forward to my next opportunity to shoot it. Probably try my hand at sporting clays next time out.

Congratulations and here is hoping you get as addicted as the rest of us are to shooting with your new toy. 8)

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:11 pm 
Presentation Grade

DITTO; i own two, a12ga and a 20ga and love them both. For the price they cant' be beat. And they work flawlessly. As you are a new shooter try to remember: "Put the shot where the target is going to be when the shot gets there."Have Fun!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 5:07 pm 
Tournament Grade

Great !! just Remember to keep it FUN and don't try too hard . Glad the Viper is working Well. :D .

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:41 pm 
Tournament Grade

Congratulations on your new acquisition. Taking lessons makes a lot of sense. I, too, am new at this. I hope I can get some training in a few weeks, also.

Sure is fun shooting at those little flying birds, though. Hit or miss...still fun!

Keep us posted. regards,

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 10:10 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks all.

I consider myself a new shotgunner but not really in the normal sense. I started hunting with a Mossberg bolt-action .410 when I was about 12, then at 13, I graduated to a 20 ga SxS my Dad got me for Christmas. Most of my hunting was squirrels, rabbits and doves. Sometimes I would borrow my Grandfather's H&R Topper Model single shot in 16 ga when it was time for the annual turkey shoot (actually won three years in a row with that gun). So although I have used shotguns for a lot of years, I was never really taught the correct way by someone with deep knowledge. For instance, I was never told not to aim the gun or to keep both eyes open and focus on the target. That is all new to me and a bit difficult since I was a small arms instructor in the military and have spent most of my adult life on rifles, handguns and other weapons. So I'm finding this stuff sort of refreshing and new, which I enjoy.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 1:43 am 
Presentation Grade

If rifle and pistol shooting is a science , shotgun shorting is an art .

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 2:58 pm 
Field Grade

So has anyone changed out the recoil pad or red fiber optic sight on one of these guns?