ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tristan raptor youth
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:27 am 
Tournament Grade

FYI. I got a Tristan raptor in 20 gauge youth for my teens to shoot sporting clays. First time at the range, the gun handled great. It is an inertia gun so it has to be fully shouldered, otherwise, it may not eject. It has run birdshot without a problem. Good gun for the price.

Post subject: Re: Tristan raptor youth
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:26 pm 
Tournament Grade

Agreed, we've put ~1800 through our's so far. It would choke on NSI and Rio until I polished the chamber a bit. Now just NSI get's hung up (extract) once in a while.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:18 pm 
Tournament Grade

Does anyone know if the 20 gauge shotgun uses the same stock as the 12 gauge? I want to get a stock that can adjust length of pull and wasn't sure if the 20 and 12 gauge shares the same components.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:50 pm 
Limited Edition

Wowzer wrote:
FYI. I got a Tristan raptor in 20 gauge youth for my teens to shoot sporting clays. First time at the range, the gun handled great. It is an inertia gun so it has to be fully shouldered, otherwise, it may not eject. It has run birdshot without a problem. Good gun for the price.

Better recheck. All Raptors are gas operated according to Tristar.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:40 pm 
Tournament Grade

The Happy Kaboomer wrote:
Wowzer wrote:

Better recheck. All Raptors are gas operated according to Tristar.

You are correct! It does seem gas operated. I thought I had read that it was inertia driven. Thanks for the correction.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:01 pm 
Tournament Grade

I shot a round of trap with the raptor. I had to put a medium sized limbsaver on it as I have the youth stock. Amazing gun...no recoil at all. It shoots great, cycling 7/8 loads without trouble.