ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SKB 200 HR 20 ga purchase
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:35 am 
Field Grade

wish I could figure out how to add photos. I just purchased my second SKB 200 HR in 20 gauge. I own a 28 ga HR also and it is my favorite gun in the vault. These two guns side by side are gorgeous to look at and really turn heads at the range. The Turkish walnut really stands out in both these guns. People will talk trash about the Turkish guns and I get it, but these guns are shooters and with over 2000 rounds though my 28 bore I could not be happier. Thinking about a SxS purchase look into this line of guns.

Post subject: Re: SKB 200 HR 20 ga purchase
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:48 am 
Limited Edition

sprighunter wrote:
wish I could figure out how to add photos. I just purchased my second SKB 200 HR in 20 gauge. I own a 28 ga HR also and it is my favorite gun in the vault. These two guns side by side are gorgeous to look at and really turn heads at the range. The Turkish walnut really stands out in both these guns. People will talk trash about the Turkish guns and I get it, but these guns are shooters and with over 2000 rounds though my 28 bore I could not be happier. Thinking about a SxS purchase look into this line of guns.

I own a 200 HR 20ga and a 200 two barrel set 28/.410 I'm really pleased with both.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:00 pm 
Limited Edition

AKUS makes the SKB 200HR and also the Dickinson. Pacific Sporting Arms sells the Dickinson Plantation Sporter which is the sidelock version of the SKB 200 High Rib.

Picked up a 12 ga. from PSA bit more than a year ago. Had an ISIS recoil reducer installed and an adjustable comb cut. I shoot 1 1/8oz. at 1200 fps through it, it is a 12 ga. after all.

Shoot it extremely well and have more than 6K rounds through it. Still locks up like a bank vault. So couple of months ago picked up the 20 ga. version.

Liked that so much custom ordered a 16 ga. with 32" bbls and grade 4 wood. Should be here Nov. or Dec.

I talked to SKB a few weeks ago about a 30" 28 410 combo. They haven't imported any in a year now. AKUS is releasing a selectable barrel model next summer. 12 and 20 first subgages to follow later. They also will have slots in the choke tubes finally instead of Teauge style chokes. And SKB sent a 12 and 20 forend from Winchester 21's so that will change also.

I have no issues with non slective trigger for sporting clays\5 stand I screw in a pair of LM chokes (12 ga) or Mod (20 ga) and call it good. And skeet for the obvious. Briley will install slots on the existing chokes for $10 a tube. Although did have to have them make a pair of SK for the 12 as AKUS does not offer them.

These guns are a real sleeper and great value for the money IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:22 am 
Limited Edition

Cold Iron wrote:
AKUS makes the SKB 200HR and also the Dickinson. Pacific Sporting Arms sells the Dickinson Plantation Sporter which is the sidelock version of the SKB 200 High Rib.

Picked up a 12 ga. from PSA bit more than a year ago. Had an ISIS recoil reducer installed and an adjustable comb cut. I shoot 1 1/8oz. at 1200 fps through it, it is a 12 ga. after all.

Shoot it extremely well and have more than 6K rounds through it. Still locks up like a bank vault. So couple of months ago picked up the 20 ga. version.

Liked that so much custom ordered a 16 ga. with 32" bbls and grade 4 wood. Should be here Nov. or Dec.

I talked to SKB a few weeks ago about a 30" 28 410 combo. They haven't imported any in a year now. AKUS is releasing a selectable barrel model next summer. 12 and 20 first subgages to follow later. They also will have slots in the choke tubes finally instead of Teauge style chokes. And SKB sent a 12 and 20 forend from Winchester 21's so that will change also.

I have no issues with non slective trigger for sporting clays\5 stand I screw in a pair of LM chokes (12 ga) or Mod (20 ga) and call it good. And skeet for the obvious. Briley will install slots on the existing chokes for $10 a tube. Although did have to have them make a pair of SK for the 12 as AKUS does not offer them.

These guns are a real sleeper and great value for the money IMO.

Did you order the 16ga from SKB ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:38 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Congrats. I have an SKB 200 28/.410 on the .28 gauge frame. I love it.

Bob

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:44 pm 
Limited Edition

jusanothajoe wrote:
Did you order the 16ga from SKB ?

No SKB will not be importing any new SxS guns from AKUS until next summer with the new model change. And they are not interested in the 16 ga. unfortunately.

I went through John at Pacific Sporting Arms. They are great to deal with I have purchased both my AKUS made Dickinson Plantation Sporters through them. One from the East location (Mi.) the other from the West store (Ca.). John did tell me if I was interested in a 32" O\U in 16 ga. he could also order me a Perazzi in that configuration to my specs also.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:14 pm 
Field Grade

Those Dickinson Sporting are sexy and I was about to pull trigger on one about a year ago and someone in Fla bought it out from under me PS. I took a skeet lesson from Todd Bender August 2018 and he was so impressed with my 28 gauge HR and he loved the fact I shot a SxS versus O/U. He was intrigued and I still am by these guns. You cant beat the cost and quality. I have even shot geese with my 28 when conditions are right :)