ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Retay not feeding second shell again
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:04 pm 
Utility Grade

hey guys, today while hunting my MM would not feed the second shell. It stayed in the magazine and I heard the 'click' of the trigger on the empty chamber for shot 2 over and over today. So kilt my 5 ducks with a very nice single shot today...coulda doubled and been home early several times if not for the malfunction! Last year this same thing happened and I sent the gun back, it was repaired rapidly and at that time they said that the problem was:

"the lever inside the trigger group that allowed the shell to feed was bent slightly. So it was not allowing the for the full range of motion that allows the mag to feed."

But now I'm looking hard at the trigger group lever that contacts the lifter and it does not appear worn or bent at all. Would hate to have to ship it back again mid-season. Anyone have a similar issue that they have resolved? Thinking for tomorrow's hunt I will take a backup, and may bandaid a second shot by floating one. Not preferred though, so any help would be appreciated. Also contacted retay so I'll let you know what they come back with.