ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone knowledgeable w/ TriStar Hunter Mag II models?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:14 am 
Field Grade

In looking at TriStar's site, if you look at these 4 Hunter Mag II models (link below), the first 3 look like the same O/U. However as you scroll down to the 4th camo version (MID-NIGHT BRZ/D.BL) it looks completely different (look at the structure of the receiver & even the forearm vs the first 3)... anyone have insight on this? Is one (or the other 3) old/new stock pics? Older/newer variants? Before I call them I was curious if anyone had any insight on it, I might get some made up/"I'm really busy now" explanation.... Thanks in advance/have a great weekend.

https://www.tristararms.com/series/hunt ... o-break-up

"Stand up Chuck, let 'em see ya!" – Jackass Biden, to Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham, who is in a wheelchair. Columbia, MO (9/12/08)

Post subject: Re: Anyone knowledgeable w/ TriStar Hunter Mag II models?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:32 pm 
Field Grade

So as I suspected from such a shoestring organization, I called TriStar. Wow. The guy that I spoke with was first of all completely unfamiliar with me pointing out that these models are in fact different. After I pointed it out and simply inquired about it he acted like I was ridiculous to even ask the question/was rather rude & unprofessional (even after I wished him a good holiday :roll: ... Good Lord... Never a good sign when you have a bad experience with a company BEFORE they actually get your money. I wouldn't think of buying a TriStar product now. Merry Christmas:)

"Stand up Chuck, let 'em see ya!" – Jackass Biden, to Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham, who is in a wheelchair. Columbia, MO (9/12/08)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:04 pm 
Utility Grade

I have called them a few times trying to get my Setter's firing pins working. There has only been two people answering the phone those times (about ten calls). A gal answers in the morning, and in the afternoon a guy who told me he boxes and ships the guns answers. Sounds like the same guy.

I did take a look at the web page images and the Bronze/Mo Blades gun there is a big gap under the receiver where it meet the barrel, looking like a image graphics alignment error. So I would take those images with a grain of salt.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:22 pm 
Field Grade

Steve yes agree, I see your point on that. The one thing that 'stood out' to me was if you look at the back on the receivers where is meets the stock, the one is very 'rounded' (bronze/MO blades) and the other has hard corners/straight lines (mid-night brz/d.bl).. they look like two completely different receivers. That threw me off.