ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Which Turkish Shotgun Brand and Model for my Wants,and Needs
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:44 pm 
Tournament Grade

I am going to be buying a Turkish shotgun for Home defense Mainly but Just dont know which Brand and Model would suit My Needs and wants.
Hoping Yall can help me here.

I want a Soft Recoiling Gas Operated 20 Gauge with a weight of as close to 6 pounds or less with a 21 Inch or or even a 18 Barrel.Or If a certain gun meets my other wants but just has too long of a barrel I can always just cut it off Myself.

NO Bullpup designs or Box Magazines
Plastic or wood stock ,does not make any difference.

Reliability with 1oz-1200 FPS Buckshot loads .I can smooth a gun up if need be ,been doing it for 50 years

Ability to Mount a Tactical Flashlight like this without me having to drill and tap it would be nice.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1017297377

6 pounds or less if Possible .

$450.00 or less would work fine for me.

Thanks a Bunch Guys

Post subject: Re: Which Turkish Shotgun Brand and Model for my Wants,and N
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:59 pm 
Crown Grade

6 pounds and soft recoiling with buckshot are mutually exclusive terms

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:05 pm 
Tournament Grade

oneounceload wrote:
6 pounds and soft recoiling with buckshot are mutually exclusive terms

Should not be once I add the over 4 ounces of Weapon Light and a butt cuff shell holder holding about 6 or seven more rounds.

But actually what was meant was that a Gas operated Semi -Automatic gives Less Felt recoil than an Inertia Operated Semi- Automatic.

Regarding my Questions what is your input on a Brand or Model of Gas operated Turkish 20 Gauge that Might come close to being what I am Interested in ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:53 pm 
Utility Grade

I would go with a pump gun myself and a 12 ga.

I wouldn't worry about recoil, if you really need to shoot the sound and recoil will not even be noticed.

Home defense often uses shorter barrels such as 18.5" used in the Mossburg 500. The Mossburg Maverick model uses the same barrel as the 500 and is under $200.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2018/9/26/8-affordable-home-defense-shotguns-under-200/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:56 am 
Tournament Grade

sgschwend wrote:
I would go with a pump gun myself and a 12 ga.

I wouldn't worry about recoil, if you really need to shoot the sound and recoil will not even be noticed.

Home defense often uses shorter barrels such as 18.5" used in the Mossburg 500. The Mossburg Maverick model uses the same barrel as the 500 and is under $200.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2018/9/26/8-affordable-home-defense-shotguns-under-200/

Yeah I may not get one as I already Have a Mossberg 88 with the 20 Inch Barrel and 8 shot capacity and I put a Nc Star tri rail that slid on the magazine tube and then I mounted the streamlight Protac rail mount weapon light on it.

I shot a Lot in my youth growing up and none of us used and hearing protection in the fifties and sixties so all I eer hear anyway is just ringing anyway ?

I have been looking at some of the turkish shotguns online and they are Higher than a cats tail if you can even find one for sale /
Heck I can hit the pawn shops and find Remington 1100 and 1187 shotguns in good used shape for what one of the new Turkish guns go for !

I can use a Pump but always grew up on Automatics mainly Remington 1100 shotguns .

But I like the Mossberg 88 as well.

Believe I will stick with what I have already the more I think about it.

Thank
Craig

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:21 am 
Crown Grade

bcraig wrote:
I am going to be buying a Turkish shotgun for Home defense Mainly but Just dont know which Brand and Model would suit My Needs and wants.

I want a Soft Recoiling Gas Operated 20 Gauge with a weight of as close to 6 pounds or less with a 21 Inch or or even a 18 Barrel.Or If a certain gun meets my other wants but just has too long of a barrel I can always just cut it off Myself.

Reliability with 1oz-1200 FPS Buckshot loads .I can smooth a gun up if need be ,been doing it for 50 years

Ability to Mount a Tactical Flashlight like this without me having to drill and tap it would be nice.

Thanks a Bunch Guys
Recoil in a home defense weapon is irrelevant! You're going to be so pumped up on adrenalin if you have to fire it at a home invader that you won't know you even pulled the trigger. Also, the weapons weight matters not because of the same adrenalin rush. And buckshot is absolutely the worst choice in ammo there is for home defense. The target is going to be 10 yards or less from you. A Skeet load (7/8 oz of #9 or #8 1/2 shot) through a cylinder choke is MORE than adequate for home defense.

Retired

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:56 pm 
Tournament Grade

dubob wrote:
bcraig wrote:

Thanks a Bunch Guys
Recoil in a home defense weapon is irrelevant! You're going to be so pumped up on adrenalin if you have to fire it at a home invader that you won't know you even pulled the trigger. Also, the weapons weight matters not because of the same adrenalin rush. And buckshot is absolutely the worst choice in ammo there is for home defense. The target is going to be 10 yards or less from you. A Skeet load (7/8 oz of #9 or #8 1/2 shot) through a cylinder choke is MORE than adequate for home defense.

I disagree that recoil is unimportant in a Home defense weapon as recoil is ALWAYS important ,both from the aspect of practice with the gun that may be used in a home defense situation And the fact that the gun may be used by my wife who is weak and frail and petite and over 70 years old.
The weight is also important as she needs to be able to physically be able to hold and operate the gun efficiently.
Buckshot is the BEST for Home defense as Birdshot has been proven to Lack of penetration to Vital organs.
Your information I concerning Effective Home Defense loads is nonsense.
If birdshot is all one can find then it is certainly better than nothing but would not be the best choice.
YOU can CHOOSE to use birdshot if you want to but I will be using buckshot.

Do you have any information concerning the questions I asked about Turkish made shotguns ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:50 pm 
Crown Grade

bcraig wrote:
I disagree that recoil is unimportant in a Home defense weapon as recoil is ALWAYS important ,both from the aspect of practice with the gun that may be used in a home defense situation And the fact that the gun may be used by my wife who is weak and frail and petite and over 70 years old. The weight is also important as she needs to be able to physically be able to hold and operate the gun efficiently. My 76 year old wife is not physically strong these past couple of years and handles her 9 1/2 lb Skeet gun for two complete rounds of Skeet with no problems whatsoever. She also shoots her 6 lb, 5 oz 20 GA inertia shotgun with Skeet loads just fine as well. I'm sorry to here of the health issues your wife suffers from (weak & frail) and it would prompt me to ask why you are even considering asking her to provide her own defense if such a need ever arose. My opinion of that decision wouldn't be appropriate for this forum.

Buckshot is the BEST for Home defense as Birdshot has been proven to Lack of penetration to Vital organs. Your information I concerning Effective Home Defense loads is nonsense. Hogwash! I personally witnessed a whitetail doe killed with a load of #6 shot at 25 feet with one shot. The vast majority of kill shots of home invaders is less than that be a good bit - more like 10 to 15 feet. The only nonsense being spread here is your mistaken and asinine claim that bird shot won't penetrate through a couple layers of cotton cloth and the very thin, weak skinned human torso to vital organs (heart/lungs). At the very close ranges we are talking about here (10 feet or less), any shot shell (#9 shot to buck shot) is essentially a slug. Due diligence and proper research would tell you that if you weren't so bent on furthering your own lack of knowledge.

If birdshot is all one can find then it is certainly better than nothing but would not be the best choice. YOU can CHOOSE to use birdshot if you want to but I will be using buckshot. I do choose and that is exactly what I use because I don't suffer the same delusions you do about the effectiveness of shotguns at very short distances. You're even having some difficulty in knowing if it will be you or your weak & frail wife who will be using the buckshot.

Do you have any information concerning the questions I asked about Turkish made shotguns? I don't. But if I did, what would be the point in telling you? You've already decided I don't know what I'm talking about. I sincerely wish you good luck in finding that which you seek. I also sincerely hope that you or your wife never have to put it to use.

Retired

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:18 pm 
Tournament Grade

dubob wrote:
bcraig wrote:
I disagree that recoil is unimportant in a Home defense weapon as recoil is ALWAYS important ,both from the aspect of practice with the gun that may be used in a home defense situation And the fact that the gun may be used by my wife who is weak and frail and petite and over 70 years old. The weight is also important as she needs to be able to physically be able to hold and operate the gun efficiently. My 76 year old wife is not physically strong these past couple of years and handles her 9 1/2 lb Skeet gun for two complete rounds of Skeet with no problems whatsoever. She also shoots her 6 lb, 5 oz 20 GA inertia shotgun with Skeet loads just fine as well. I'm sorry to here of the health issues your wife suffers from (weak & frail) and it would prompt me to ask why you are even considering asking her to provide her own defense if such a need ever arose. My opinion of that decision wouldn't be appropriate for this forum.
Well lets see lets see if I can enlighten you on this matter.
She sleeps in a Different Part of the House than I do and I prefer that she Have a separate gun in her own room in case I am killed or not around.
So Your Opinion of my handling of the situation In MY house is not appropriate in this forum or any Forum . My Business and not yours.

Buckshot is the BEST for Home defense as Birdshot has been proven to Lack of penetration to Vital organs. Your information I concerning Effective Home Defense loads is nonsense. Hogwash! I personally witnessed a whitetail doe killed with a load of #6 shot at 25 feet with one shot. The vast majority of kill shots of home invaders is less than that be a good bit - more like 10 to 15 feet. The only nonsense being spread here is your mistaken and asinine claim that bird shot won't penetrate through a couple layers of cotton cloth and the very thin, weak skinned human torso to vital organs (heart/lungs). At the very close ranges we are talking about here (10 feet or less), any shot shell (#9 shot to buck shot) is essentially a slug. Due diligence and proper research would tell you that if you weren't so bent on furthering your own lack of knowledge.
I have personally seen a a snapshot with a 22 Pistol take a Cottonmouths head off at 50 yards .
That Has absolutely nothing to do with anything at all,only that anything can happen at anytime.
I know the distances in MY house and the longest shot is about 10 Yards and less .
ON a Personnel note , A 20 gauge with #6 shot Failed to Penetrate MY foot when i was shot by a Hunting partner when I was About 13 years old ,which has been about 48 years ago.And the range was just a few feet.
No it is not an asinine claim as my EXPERIENCE proves and IN my EXPERIENCE shooting tons of small game such as squirrels and rabbits at close range often times small shot will not even penetrate a rabbit at close range and the shot has to be picked out to keep from biting down on it when eating .
And NO the Birdshot does not act like a slug as once it hits the Target it starts to seperate Immediately and Light shot does not penetrate as well.
I have done my so called due diligence and observed what happens in the world MOST of the time and Not Just on a one off basis.

If birdshot is all one can find then it is certainly better than nothing but would not be the best choice. YOU can CHOOSE to use birdshot if you want to but I will be using buckshot. I do choose and that is exactly what I use because I don't suffer the same delusions you do about the effectiveness of shotguns at very short distances. You're even having some difficulty in knowing if it will be you or your weak & frail wife who will be using the buckshot.
I Use Buckshot as It consistently Penetrates Farther than Birdshot and it is you who have the delusions if you believe otherwise.
Even though it is none of your buisness I have already explained the situation with MY wife And OUR situation. AGAIN NONE of YOUR BUISNES

Do you have any information concerning the questions I asked about Turkish made shotguns? I don't. But if I did, what would be the point in telling you? You've already decided I don't know what I'm talking about. I sincerely wish you good luck in finding that which you seek. I also sincerely hope that you or your wife never have to put it to use.

I asked about the shotguns that Met MY Qualifications of what I was looking for and Laid out what the qualifications were.
BEFORE you opened your Mouth Regarding EVERYTHING BUT What I asked about I had no Opinions about you at all.

Your Condescending Remarks about Myself and MY WIFE or your sincere Hopes are ridiculous.

Really Something that I ask a question about Turkish shotguns and and you have addressed EVERYTHING and Made Remarks Concerning Everything but Turkish Shotguns.

Why anyone would even bother to interject themselves into a post when all they want to do is change the subject is beyond rational reasoning.

In the Future I would appreciate that if you respond to one of MY post if you stick to the Topic and Keep MY families decisions and Welfare out of your Condescending remarks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:22 pm 
Crown Grade

bcraig wrote:
In the Future I would appreciate that if you respond to one of MY post . . .

Retired