ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 28 gauge TriStar Bristol.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:39 pm 
Field Grade

Has anybody used one of these and could give us a report on them. Interested in the trigger pull weight and the barrel regulation. Also interested in the general feel of the gun. Handled a 410 at Cabelas and it was as skinny as a broomstick.

Post subject: Re: 28 gauge TriStar Bristol.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:32 pm 
Field Grade

I saw them and was wondering myself. Looks like Cabelas is the sole distributor of this model....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:53 am 
Tournament Grade

I finally got to fondle one at my local shop. I had called several weeks previous and asked about availability. They got back and said their distributor had quite a few in stock. Price was better than expected. I show up a few weeks later to look around. There it is sitting on the shelf. First impression was very well built. Triggers on this gun were in the 5-6lb range. Gun pointed very nice for me. Another friend shouldered it and liked how it pointed as well. Now I am trying not to dip into my elk hunt money for another grouse gun but I will own one!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:39 pm 
Limited Edition

Barrel regulation of my 28 ga is good. Trigger is nice. Much less than 5#. At 5#5oz it is a pleasure to pack and surprisingly nice to shoot even with heavy hunting loads. The same loads are punishing with my SP 1. It was bought for a "hunting stick" but looks nice. Checkering is much nicer than my 20 ga Bobwhite's. Time will tell how it holds up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:46 am 
Tournament Grade

I too been looking at one. For the price and 5 chokes. I have always wanted a 28 ga. I am getting mine for squirrel hunting. I would also like to have 410 one too . Plus a 20 ga and 12ga. The local Walmart has ammo in stock for 28ga. AA 100 rd boxes 37.00 federal top gun 10.00. Going to start picking up 200 rds a week. When I get around 500. That will do me.. Going to be hard to find a used mec jr 28ga. I bought a bag full of 28ga hulls. AA , Winchester super x, Remington hulls for 5 cents each. The bag was a 10 pd ice bag. Several hulls at a good price. The gun looks good. It comes with extended chokes too.