ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bobwhite vs Bristol
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:01 pm 
Utility Grade

Looking for opinions, going to buy me a new 28g tomorrow. Made a little ching at the gun show this weekend... Bass pro near me has the Bristol and the Bristol Silver for 919/849. Located a CZ Bobwhite at a local shop here in Kerrville for seven and change. I like the CZ, a little plain. The Bristols are really pretty guns, and I like the Fajen connection. Budget is fixed, so as much as I would like a Beretta it is out of my budget. I would use the sxs guns for casual target shooting. Already have two Yildiz ou guns, really wish Academy brought a Yildiz 28g sxs in... Opinions from owners?

Post subject: Re: Bobwhite vs Bristol
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:56 pm 
Field Grade

bglz42 wrote:
Looking for opinions, going to buy me a new 28g tomorrow. Made a little ching at the gun show this weekend... Bass pro near me has the Bristol and the Bristol Silver for 919/849. Located a CZ Bobwhite at a local shop here in Kerrville for seven and change. I like the CZ, a little plain. The Bristols are really pretty guns, and I like the Fajen connection. Budget is fixed, so as much as I would like a Beretta it is out of my budget. I would use the sxs guns for casual target shooting. Already have two Yildiz ou guns, really wish Academy brought a Yildiz 28g sxs in... Opinions from owners?

I had a G2 Bobwhite 28ga and the trigger guard hammered my middle finger when I shot the front barrel. Gloves helped but not enough for me to keep it. My hands are too small to use the rubber bumpers and reach the front trigger. I’m still looking at the Bristol.

Looked at 4 different 28ga Tristar Bristols in Cabelas in Mitchell SD yesterday. They all were too low at the comb for me. Seemed lower than the CZ G2. definitely lower than a Stevens 555. They also have a swamped rib that puts the front bead lower than a standard rib.