Shotgun Forum banner

Tristar choke tubes

10K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Ulysses 
#1 ·
Any after market available besides custom fro Briley?

#5 ·
I use Carlson's in my 28 ga. Viper G2 bronze. I have a whole set of Beretta MobilChokes from Briley that I bought years ago for my Beretta 28 O/U. Only one of them fit my G2. On Tristar's recommendation, I sent the gun and my Briley tubes to Tristar. The problem is that the Briley tubes were cut too shallow, according to Tristar. Carlson's fit perfectly. I bought a variety of constrictions from Carlson. Fit perfectly. Also fit perfectly in my Beretta. Briley wants a small fortune to custom make MobilChoke tubes for a Tristar. A total rip-off in my opinion.

#6 ·
DonSmith said:
I use Carlson's in my 28 ga. Viper G2 bronze. I have a whole set of Beretta MobilChokes from Briley that I bought years ago for my Beretta 28 O/U. Only one of them fit my G2. On Tristar's recommendation, I sent the gun and my Briley tubes to Tristar. The problem is that the Briley tubes were cut too shallow, according to Tristar. Carlson's fit perfectly. I bought a variety of constrictions from Carlson. Fit perfectly. Also fit perfectly in my Beretta. Briley wants a small fortune to custom make MobilChoke tubes for a Tristar. A total rip-off in my opinion.
I too use Carlson tubes, have had excellent luck with them.

#7 ·
I use Carlson extended choke tubes on my 20 gage bronze. Go to a big box store or local gun store and buy what you need/want. I like extended tubes and bought some tweeners in light modified and improved modified which I use exclusively. Stock tubes are in cardboard box and choke case that came with gun.

#8 ·
Yep, the Carlson's Ber/Ben stainless steel extended choke tubes work great in my 20 gauge Tristar.

BTW, "Ber/Ben" is the abbreviation for the Beretta/Benelli choke system.

Reactions: Homer Jarvis
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.