ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Reloading data for Rio 16 gauge Game Load hulls
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:47 pm 
Utility Grade

[code][/code] I would like to know if anyone has any reloading data for 16 gauge Rio Game hulls - preferably using 1 1/8 oz. of shot

Post subject: Re: Reloading data for Rio 16 gauge Game Load hulls
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:51 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

There is not much data for them but........ I would not have any problem using Federal hull data for the RIO hulls.

16 Ga. straight wall hulls are pretty much 16 ga. straight wall hulls, with the exception of the Remington.

Cheddite, RIO, Winchester, Fiocchi etc. are all going to load very similar, with possibly a wad height adjustment which can be done using card wads, which have no effect on ballistics.

Hodgdon has lots of 1 1/8 oz. loads for the Federal hull. I would use the BP/SPTG16 which is the Gualandi 16 ga. wad. You can get them at either Precision Reloading, Graf's or BPI.

I know that the Federal hull has a paper basewad, but that isn't going to impact the ballistics to any great extent.

If you are uncomfortable with this suggestion.....load some up and send them off to Tom Armbrust or Precision Reloading for testing. I would still start with the Hodgdon data.

aka Mr. Tactful. Common sense no longer appears to be common.
NSCA#544066

Last edited by dogchaser37 on Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Reloading data for Rio 16 gauge Game Load hulls
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:44 pm 
Presentation Grade

Look on Ballistic Products website under Archived Load of the Week.