ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: NRA TV Cancelled
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:57 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Quote:
The NRA and the NRA Institute for Legislative Action spent about $5 million on lobbying in 2018, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. Gun Owners of America, by contrast, spent $1.55 million in 2018, the National Association for Gun Rights spent $1.1 million and the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms spent $284,863, according to lobbying records.

The NRA has also spent big on Senate races, with the hope of turning out voters who will support gun rights. NRA members, at least in the past, have shown that they are more politically active than non-NRA-member gun owners.

Don't like the NRA? Fine, there are alternatives . . . https://gunowners.org/ .

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:16 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I love the NRA and have done so since I was a young boy. I want it to remain viable and the premier representative of American gun owners and 2A rights. I'm sure you do too, Randy, and I'm just as sure that you know Mr. LaPierre's race has been run.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:22 am 
Crown Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Quote:
The NRA and the NRA Institute for Legislative Action spent about $5 million on lobbying in 2018, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. Gun Owners of America, by contrast, spent $1.55 million in 2018, the National Association for Gun Rights spent $1.1 million and the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms spent $284,863, according to lobbying records.

The NRA has also spent big on Senate races, with the hope of turning out voters who will support gun rights. NRA members, at least in the past, have shown that they are more politically active than non-NRA-member gun owners.

Don't like the NRA? Fine, there are alternatives . . . https://gunowners.org/ .

I will make this my final comment so as to not practice the principle of no horse too dead to beat.

I am pro NRA. My Lifetime Benefactor membership status should indicate that quite clearly. However, I think there is room for improvement at the top. I suspect all organizations reach that point if their leadership does not ever change.

I don't give to various gun organizations because I think it is better to have a large organization with most of the financial assets fighting for 2A rights, rather than spread out among many smaller less effective ones.

I am simply a concerned member that does not want to see the NRA wither on the vine due to some hidebound leadership. It is not good for any of us that value gun ownership.

Take care.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:32 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Maybe someone here knows a lot more than I do, but I don't see Wayne LaPierre going anywhere. That was tried (Oliver North, etc., etc.) and Wayne won easily.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:28 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

We'll see. You're probably right but, for the NRA's sake, I hope you're wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:44 am 
Presentation Grade

Gentlemen,

Much of what you hear in the news media about the NRA is false and meant to undermine the NRA
I worked with Charlton Heston on the NRA Speakers Bureau, granted none of our executives will ever replace him.

As far as the Salaries of the executives, the NRA salaries are voted on and passed. They do not award the salaries on their own.

Nobody has the right to even question what a man makes as a salary, they get the salaries awarded to them by the organization they work for. Don't see many people questioning pro athletes massive salaries and they do not support the 2nd Amendment.

Theses liberal politicians have been working to undermine the NRA for ever, NY in the lead. Just seeing some of our members talking like this on a gun forum is proof that the liberal politicians are making head way in our own membership. NY thinks they have some kind of right to tell the NRA how they are to spend their money because long ago the charter was started in NY, it had been removed from NY many years ago, NY should have no standing to even bring this legal action on the NRA, it's pure liberal politics.

The internal problems of the NRA are NRA business only, and should not have occurred for sure, it gives the gun grabbers another way to assault the NRA. I miss Charlton Heston badly.

I never watched NRA TV myself.

Dave Buehner
Life Member NRA
NRA Speakers Bureau

NRA Life Member/NRA Instructor

Last edited by Pine Creek/Dave on Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:52 am 
Crown Grade

I think one of the Trump boys would be a good replacement... Or the Trump girl!