ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: biden calls for a ban on 9mm handguns
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:34 pm 
Crown Grade

Ssanders224 wrote:
Turkinator wrote:
Mr wakeman, you jumped in and accused the thread of being a lie. Evidence shows that biden did say it. Are you going to do the right thing?

Shows that he said what?
The Biden quote reads as a shot at magazine capacity, not a direct shot at 9mm handguns.
(which is just as, if not more offensive)

But if we're being honest, your thread title is a little "click-baitish", and I think that's what prompted the "not true" reply from the "expert".

And to be clear, I believe the dunce would ban all handguns a heartbeat. But it's not really what that quote said.

i don’t know how you can interpret it differently than the transcript. biden directly named 9mm handguns. The ability to hold 20 rounds? His declaration that he is going to push to eliminate them?

Last edited by Turkinator on Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:37 pm 
Crown Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Turkinator wrote:
Mr wakeman, you jumped in and accused the thread of being a lie. Evidence shows that biden did say it. Are you going to do the right thing?

Yes, I am. I'm putting you on ignore.

I’ll return the favor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:54 pm 
Presentation Grade

Turkinator wrote:
Ssanders224 wrote:
Turkinator wrote:

Shows that he said what?
The Biden quote reads as a shot at magazine capacity, not a direct shot at 9mm handguns.

But if we're being honest, your thread title is a little "click-baitish", and I think that's what prompted the "not true" reply from the "expert".

And to be clear, I believe the dunce would ban all handguns a heartbeat. But it's not really what that quote said.

i don’t know how you can interpret it differently than the transcript. biden directly named 9mm handguns. The ability to hold 20 rounds? His declaration that he is going to push to eliminate them?

I'm taking it at 100% face value.

“The idea you need a weapon that can have the ability to fire 20, 30, 40, 50, 120 shots from that weapon, whether it’s a, whether it’s a 9mm pistol or whether it’s a rifle, is ridiculous.”

The quote is predicated on capacity. You can't technically derive from that quote that he want's to ban ALL 9mm handguns. Based on that quote alone, a 9mm handgun with a 10-15 round capacity is not being referenced. So again, the thread title feels click-baity, and that's what solicited the "experts" reply.

"You don't need a car that will go 100, 120, 150 miles an hour, whether it's a red car or a blue car, it's ridiculous."

Would you infer from the above quote that the speaker wants to ban all red cars? Because that's how you interpreted Biden's quote (or at least that's what your thread title insinuates).

To be 100% clear, I do not agree with Biden's quote at all, or any of the other nonsense that comes out of his mouth.

Last edited by Ssanders224 on Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:29 pm 
Limited Edition

The sky is falling!!
The sky is falling!!!
Oh My!!!!!!!
Please, Heaven help us.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:13 pm 
Crown Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Zbigniew wrote:
Here's why: BECAUSE THE CONSTITUTION PROHIBITS THE GOVERNMENT FROM INFRINGING THIS RIGHT.

No, it doesn't. All anyone has to do is read Heller, etc. If someone wants to start a thread every time Joe Biden says something peculiar or goofy, this will be the busiest forum on SGW. Typing capital letters doesn't change anything. Yelling and screaming didn't stop the SAFE act from being adopted in 2013 and it remains law eight years later.

Rather than ineffective, mindless whining and crying, gun owners need to vote.

"Heller", despite what you and one other notable on here say, IS NOT the Constitution. Maybe you ought to try read it INSTEAD OF BRAIN-DEAD RULINGS BY AN OUT-OF-TOUCH SUPREME COURT. TYPING IN CAPITAL LETTERS DOES CHANGE THINGS. IT GOT YOUR ATTENTION, DIDN'T IT?

Oh, voting, yeah, let's see. I've been doing that to no real effect, probably since before our esteemed authority was putting mustard-colored stuff in diapers. So thanks for that bit of advice, no matter how many decades late it is.

-Securitization
Take your pick.

Always make an even number of mistakes. One may cancel out another.

"People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything." --Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:32 pm 
Crown Grade

The problems presented by president biden include his ignorance of many subjects, his willingness to be directed by handlers with agendas and the fact that his career in politics has proven that he has little capability to speak off the cuff and stay on point.

Let the subject be the 2nd Amendment....and biden pulls the trifecta.
Kinda impressed he remembered the 9mm.

Lest we forget...Faron Young and....all....the rest.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:47 pm 
Crown Grade

Actually the Constitution is what the courts say it is.

That’s their role in the whole works. Like it or no.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:50 pm 
Crown Grade

I'd welcome Joe to my house; just as I would the undertaker, or anyone else

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:00 pm 
Diamond Grade

I hate to say this but it is fair to suggest we would benefit from being accurate on these things. The craziness of the left is in full swing so no hyperbole is needed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:40 pm 
Crown Grade

Qdog002 wrote:
The sky is falling!!
The sky is falling!!!
Oh My!!!!!!!
Please, Heaven help us.

Don’t worry comrades it’s just 20 round capable pistols. Don’t worry comrades, the border is secure. Don’t worry comrades masks for 20 days to flatten the curve. Don’t worry comrades the vaccine is 125% safe and effective. Heaven protect us from liberals!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:53 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Ssanders224 wrote:
Turkinator wrote:
Ssanders224 wrote:
Turkinator wrote:

Shows that he said what?

“The idea you need a weapon that can have the ability to fire 20, 30, 40, 50, 120 shots from that weapon, whether it’s a, whether it’s a 9mm pistol or whether it’s a rifle, is ridiculous.”

The quote is predicated on capacity. You can't technically derive from that quote that he want's to ban ALL 9mm handguns. Based on that quote alone, a 9mm handgun with a 10-15 round capacity is not being referenced. So again, the thread title feels click-baity, and that's what solicited the "experts" reply.

"You don't need a car that will go 100, 120, 150 miles an hour, whether it's a red car or a blue car, it's ridiculous."

Would you infer from the above quote that the speaker wants to ban all red cars? Because that's how you interpreted Biden's quote (or at least that's what your thread title insinuates).

To be 100% clear, I do not agree with Biden's quote at all, or any of the other nonsense that comes out of his mouth.

To be clear, Biden and his Dem cronies want to ban as many handguns and long guns as possible, whatever the caliber. Do you think they will be content to limit magazine capacity to 20 rounds?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:57 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Turkinator wrote:
Qdog002 wrote:
The sky is falling!!
The sky is falling!!!
Oh My!!!!!!!
Please, Heaven help us.

Don’t worry comrades it’s just 20 round capable pistols. Don’t worry comrades, the border is secure. Don’t worry comrades masks for 20 days to flatten the curve. Don’t worry comrades the vaccine is 125% safe and effective. Heaven protect us from liberals!!!!!!!!!!!!

The dog reminds me of Neville Chamberlain before his sky fell.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:11 am 
Crown Grade

McFarmer wrote:
Actually the Constitution is what the courts say it is.

That’s their role in the whole works. Like it or no.

The courts should interpret law, not make it. That is why it is so important to keep contaminated activist reprobates off courts.

If the activist reprobates dominate the Supreme Court we are about done as a constitutional republic as at first established. The first and second amendments will be the first to go and that effort is already well under way.

“Today’s decree says that my Ruler, and the Ruler of 320 million Americans coast-to-coast, is a majority of the nine lawyers on the Supreme Court. This practice of constitutional revision by an unelected committee of nine… robs the People of the most important liberty they asserted in the Declaration of Independence and won in the Revolution of 1776: the freedom to govern themselves.”— Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:00 am 
Presentation Grade

lossking wrote:
Ssanders224 wrote:
Turkinator wrote:

To be clear, Biden and his Dem cronies want to ban as many handguns and long guns as possible, whatever the caliber. Do you think they will be content to limit magazine capacity to 20 rounds?

"To be clear", you'd know the answer to that if you'd have read more than one post in the thread (it's even in the text you quoted). I've already specifically addressed that question.

Doesn't change the fact that the OP misinterpreted a quote and created a clickbait thread title.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:22 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I've been here since the beginning, before your ill advised defense of Komrad Biden. Let's both be clear, he's out to ban 9mm handguns just as he stated. That's no clickbait, er, I mean bull$h!t.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:41 am 
Crown Grade

lossking wrote:
I've been here since the beginning, before your ill advised defense of Komrad Biden. Let's both be clear, he's out to ban 9mm handguns just as he stated. That's no clickbait, er, I mean bull$h!t.

Apparently words mean nothing to liberals like him. Biden bringing 9mm handguns into the gun control equation should show all but the biden waterhaulers that he has now placed semi automatic handguns on the chopping block. Answer this Ssanders224 , what was biden’s rambling incoherent speech about? Why was a specific handgun touted? Leftists hope that there are enough idiots who own a shotgun who’ll accept that it’s the 20/30/ blah blah blah and not here what biden actually was saying

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:02 am 
Presentation Grade

lossking wrote:

*sigh*

I've never once defended the buffoon, and I've actually made a couple of remarks in the thread touting my disdain for him.

I LITERRALY said earlier in the thread ..."I believe the dunce would ban all handguns in a heartbeat"... So even if you've been here since the beginning, you apparently haven't been very tuned-in.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:05 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

You lost me when you began to defend his anti-gun utterance.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:42 am 
Presentation Grade

Turkinator wrote:
Apparently words mean nothing to liberals like him. Biden bringing 9mm handguns into the gun control equation should show all but the biden waterhaulers that he has now placed semi automatic handguns on the chopping block. Answer this Ssanders224 , what was biden’s rambling incoherent speech about? Why was a specific handgun touted? Leftists hope that there are enough idiots who own a shotgun who’ll accept that it’s the 20/30/ blah blah blah and not here what biden actually was saying

When all else fails, just start calling people "liberals", right? Cute. That's about like someone calling me a white supremacist because I attend a Baptist Church in the Southern US.
Pump the breaks, because you're getting out of your lane.

My livelihood literally depends on the general public shooting, reloading, and competing in shooting sports. I shoot more rounds through "scary" guns every month than 99% of people on this forum will in their lifetime. I'm an officer on a type 10/SOT, sell suppressors and other NFA items to the public, and have an SBR sitting in the office as I type this. Me and my wife invest personal time and money into handgun instruction and promotion, and I quite literally have a "9mm handgun" on my person all the time, everywhere I go. Guns, ammo, and shooting of all types are a mainstay of mine and my families recreation, livelihood, and values.

Say all that to say... You're barking up the COMPLETELY wrong tree. I'm quite literally the antithesis of left wing on every belief or value I hold, especially the 2A. I'm a "right wing nut" to most people in the country these days.
If it was up to me, you'd be able to buy a select fire SBR and suppressor at Walmart.

BUT, I also understand the importance of being mindful in how I react to every turn of the political page. As someone else stated earlier, it pays to be collected and precise when addressing attacks on the 2A. Your post (and title) was neither.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:47 am 
Presentation Grade

Quote:
lossking wrote:
You lost me when you began to defend his anti-gun utterance.

See above ^^^

I never once defended anything the POUS said, and most likely never will.
I addressed the OP's reaction to, and interpretation of what was said. Period.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next