ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thinking about a Zoli
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:52 am 
Field Grade

I don't know anything about Zoli shotguns but have been reading to learn more. I am considering a sporting clays shotgun & the Zoli's seem very well built. Pardon my ignorance but would a Zoli Z Sport quality be on par as a Blaser F3 or a Beretta DT-11 ?

Last edited by johnnie g on Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Thinking about a Zoli
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:54 am 
Presentation Grade

Every bit and then some.

The DT cross bolt lockup doesn't feel good at all to me and the Blaser is, IMHO, a $4k gun.

I've been a long time Beretta guy and when I set out to find a dedicated clays gun under $10k there was just no comparison. Demo'd a DT11, handled a Blaser. Not impressed with either.

Last edited by birdhunter39 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:08 pm 
Limited Edition

Johnnie G.
I've been shooting Zoli's for a few years now and have been very happy. My main gun is the Kronos and has over 50,000 rounds through it at this point. Its time to send it off to Zoli and have it serviced and tightened up. I've never had an issue with any of my 3 Zoli's. I think they are every bit as good as the other guns you mention and are becoming more popular. These guns have a removable trigger group for ease of cleaning and maintenance and Zoli stands behind there product.
I own one Zoli that I purchased used and realized it had barrel regulation issues. I called Jason with Zoli down in Texas and explained that I purchased the gun used and what my issue was. He told me no problem send it to them and they would check it out. I sent it down and 3 weeks later I got it back with a new set of barrels at no charge! You can't ask for any better service than that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:45 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks for the replies !

I know a local guy selling a used Z Sport HR 30" bbls with adj comb for $ 5500, & he will let me shoot it. Not sure if I want 30" or 32" bbls tho'.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:23 pm 
Tournament Grade

Great guns. I was also a Beretta guy until shooting a zoli and falling in love. Lots of great deals on used guns out there that imo are superior to just about anything under $10k.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:36 pm 
Presentation Grade

Johnnie G there is a new (but slightly older style) high rib on GB for $6k. It's at my local shop. The high rib is a different animal and you'd definitely want to shoot one before buying regardless of brand.

If i can be of some help checking out the high rib local to me please feel free to ask.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:12 pm 
Limited Edition

I like my Verona LX980 (aka Zoli Kronos) great for sporting clays. I have on in 32" and one in 30". I decided to keep the 32" and I'm selling the 30" (for less than half of the cost of Z Sport HR, if you can live with a flat rib and no weight system).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:22 am 
Field Grade

mpolans wrote:
I like my Verona LX980 (aka Zoli Kronos) great for sporting clays. I have on in 32" and one in 30". I decided to keep the 32" and I'm selling the 30" (for less than half of the cost of Z Sport HR, if you can live with a flat rib and no weight system).

PM sent !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:07 am 
Tournament Grade

The Kronos and the Z Sport are awesome guns.
I am a registered FITASC/ISSF shooting coach and started on Japanese brownings and then Beretta DT10s in the 1990s. In between i have short stints with other guns, but after looking through alot of reviews and articles I switched to Zoli Kronos and a Zoli Z extra, all in 81cm. Also since I now travel on the fitasc circuit a little, I have several lodged with friends I shoot with all over the world.
There is nothing better in terms of balance and handling in my opinion for off the rack guns. THey are mechanical reliable and very easy to shoot and their stock design is the least recoiling and easiest for beginners to get used to. I would suggest you don't take anyone's word for it, go get one adjusted to you and go out to do a 50 bird sporting. My bet is you come in with a smile on your face and will soon have a zoli or 2 in your safe.
happy shopping and enjoy! Happy New Year! TM.

687 Silver Pigeon V 20 bore
Benelli M2 tactical

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:45 am 
Field Grade

The Zoli XL Evo is one of the most advanced target guns out there. Built like a tank and handles like a Ferrari.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:02 pm 
Limited Edition

The Zoli Kronos and Z guns are as good as some other guns costing twice as much.

CT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:19 am 
Tournament Grade

My 2 cents... I have a Zoli Z extra gold. Shoots great and looks great as well.

Will mention I have 2 bespoke Perazzi MX8s built for my wife and I when we were in Italy many years ago. They are great guns but when I looked at the plethora of clay guns now available Zoli was lead of the pack for me

The customer service and prompt feedback you receive from Jason, Jenny and Norbert is astounding and one of the major reasons for going with Zoli this time around. Handle as a y as you can but from reliability and prompt customer service Zoli will be hard to beat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:16 pm 
Limited Edition

12ga Z-Sport Extra along with a Pernice 20/28. Love them both; and, as mentioned, great service from Jason and Norbert.