Shotgun Forum banner

Zoli Barrels

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JSTILL29 
#1 ·
All -

I am looking at purchasing a Zoli Ambassador that comes with 30" barrels. I prefer longer barrels (32"-34") but did not find any barrels for sale online. While I didn't look very hard, I would think there would be a bigger market. Thus, I had a couple questions:

1. Are Zoli barrels easily interchangeable or do they require fitting?
2. Where is the best place to find new/used barrels?
3. What is the market on used 30" barrels?

Thanks.

#2 ·
1. Generally Zoli barrels will require fitting. I have 3 Zolis and I can interchange barrels on 2 of them, but not the third. I am currently having a new barrel fitted on one of my guns by Zoli USA. They told me that once the new barrel was fitted the old barrel would no longer work on this particular gun, but this is not always the case. Sometimes you can have a new barrel fitted and the old barrel will still work. In this particular case I was fitting a nearly new Z-Sport barrel on an older Zoli Verona receiver, and I think this is what caused the problem with the older barrel still working on the receiver.

2. I found a used Zoli barrel on Guns International, but they come up very rarely. You can buy new or sometimes find lightly used barrels from some of the Zoli dealers, but they are rare. A new Zoli 32" barrel with forend wood will run $3500 to $3800. I priced them from several dealers.

The barrel I bought off Guns International did not come close to fitting on any of my 3 Zolis, so I sent it in to Zoli USA for the fitting.

3. The market for a 30" barrel will not be as good as for a 32". The lightly used 32" barrel that I bought off of Guns International was on the market for around 10 months before the seller and I were able to make a deal. I made several offers on it over the 10 month period, before the guy realized that he would need to lower his asking price.

Once I get my gun back from Zoli USA with the newly fitted barrel, I may be interested in selling the old 32" barrel if you are still interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.