ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New to me Zoli
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:40 am 
Tournament Grade

Hey all,

A little preface to the story. I am 37 years old and an avid firearms collector and in addition to collecting firearms, I am an avid bird hunter.

At some point and time last year I came to the conclusion that, I had enough black guns, long range setups and pistols to last several lifetimes and decided to go jump head first into fine double guns :D .

My humble collection already had a fantastic little Browning Citori that I basically stole from Dicks (they had some of the best deals on guns ever lol), a Beretta White Onyx and most recently something I've lusted over for several years, a Blaser F16.

I was now on the hunt for my next O/U and knew after obtaining that Blaser, that I wanted to get something in the nicer (to me) category. I happened to stumble across this very website while stalking my next buy, a B. Rizzini.

While perusing here for info on the B. Rizzini's, I kept coming across another name, Zoli.
After several weeks, of searching high and low for info about Rizzini, I now found myself searching instead for info on Zoli.

I finally had my mind made up. I would get a Rizzini, but first I needed a Zoli lol.

So my new search began. I scoured the internet hoping for a lightly used 20ga Expedition.

While traversing the net one morning, I came across something I had never considered, a lovely 28ga Zoli Expedition. I emailed the seller, who went on to inform me that the 28ga had been sitting for a minute and the owner was open to offers. I went to sleep that night pondering this little 28ga.

The next morning, we decided to forgo duck hunting, as it was going to be 80 and instead headed to a preserve to chase some pheasants.

I was chatting with my hunting partner, and wife about this little 28ga and making an offer, when my hunting partner stumbled across some non spent 28ga field loads. My partner tossed the little 28s over to me and while fumbling them in my paw, my mind was made up.

As soon as we got home, I typed an offer out to the seller and sent it on over.

The next morning I awoke to an email form the 28s seller, it informed me that the little 28 had been sold just yesterday.

It seems as if fate was telling me to stay focused on my initial goal, a 20ga. So I redoubled my efforts and across the net I sailed, in search of a Zoli.

Well, yesterday I was rewarded. The gods of fortune had smiled upon me and Pacific Sporting Arms had an older lightly used 20ga Zoli Z Extra Game in stock.

I sent an email asking some questions about stock dimensions, cast, etc. and I was promptly replied to and given a phone number to discuss further details.

After confirming they could shorten the LOP for me and add a nice comfy butt pad, the Visa card came out and I am happy to say, I have a new to me Zoli in 20ga headed my way :D .

I do have one major concern in this whole affair and that is my wife stealing this Zoli from me. Not a bad problem to have I suppose lol.

Cheers

Last edited by Novak77 on Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New to me Zoli
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:33 pm 
Crown Grade

Well......you sure picked a dandy way to jump in. Nicely done. Enjoy the heck out of it, while you can;-)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:48 am 
Tournament Grade

Thank you sir and I sure will.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:53 am 
Diamond Grade

You will love your Zoli!
Also Pacific Sporting is a great company to do business with.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:48 pm 
Tournament Grade

-viking

Thank you.

Pretty darn stoked on Pacific Sporting. They were great to work with and my new Zoli is already on the way.