ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Recent Problems with F3s ?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:27 pm 
Limited Edition

One thing that's confusing about the F3 is that people seem to think that the metal on the forearm that mates with the receiver is part of the forearm, when actually it is part of the receiver, just like on all O/Us that I'm aware of the forend iron is normally matched with the receiver, have the same serial # and are normally sold together. I have owned several Krieghoffs, Berettas, and others and I think the F3 is a good or better.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:03 am 
Field Grade

The Black Leaf and Bonsi are on my list. But I already have three F3s. Still, the new engraving is amazing.

pitandremington wrote:
Gunsite Guy wrote:
Neither. I had a new stock and forearm made for my F3. The stock maker used the metal parts of the forearm on the new piece of wood. That left me with a wood forearm without the 5 pieces of metal to make it functional. I did a WTB on SGW forum classifieds. A somewhat unscrupulous seller sold me a forearm with a key piece of the forearm missing.

Blaser USA came to my rescue with the missing part and extra parts, thankfully.

To sum it up, my new wood was outstanding but used the metal from the original wood. I wanted to continue to use the old wood and Blaser USA unhesitantly came to my rescue even though it was not their issue whatsoever.

Now I have 2 receivers, 3 butt stocks, and 4 forearms, along with 6 barrel sets.

I am sure I need a Bonzi receiver but have no idea why.

s/f Steve

You should look at the Victorian Scroll and/or /Black Leaf receiver they have out. The Black Leaf is done by hand by Josephine and absolutely beautiful. I almost pulled the trigger on one. {hs#

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:00 am 
Field Grade

You should look at the Victorian Scroll and/or /Black Leaf receiver they have out. The Black Leaf is done by hand by Josephine and absolutely beautiful. I almost pulled the trigger on one. {hs#[/quote]

For the first time, I feel a little inadequate. That Black Leaf Receiver leaves me speechless. My credit card and my wife would never forgive me...but now I want one, you know for a spare F3, in case I need a backup.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:57 am 
Tournament Grade

With the possible exception of wives <G>, the the Operators Creed is, "One is none, two is one."

You know, we are here to help:^)

s/f Steve

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:40 pm 
Crown Grade

Gunsite Guy wrote:
pitandremington wrote:
Gunsite Guy wrote:
Neither.

You should look at the Victorian Scroll and/or /Black Leaf receiver they have out. The Black Leaf is done by hand by Josephine and absolutely beautiful. I almost pulled the trigger on one. {hs#

Thanks, you guys are a big help <G>!

s/f Steve

You ‘need’ the black leaf!:-)