ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How to.......rear forend iron.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:39 am 
Tournament Grade

Hallo to everyone, i have a Blaser F3 professional flat rib adjustable 32 inch.

I found a beavertail forend that i would like to test for a while. My gun has the rounded one.

The forend does not have the rear iron that attaches to the receiver. I have to put my own on, so i wonder if someone has done this kind of change and if there is some advice on geting out the iron from one forend and placing it to the other. I can see the two allen screws
that i have to take out........is it hard to get it out of the wood ? Is there anything else i need to know before the attempt ?

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: How to.......rear forend iron.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:03 pm 
Tournament Grade

I did the same thing a while back. I put on a beavertail forearm on my Super Sport. Made a big difference with my big hands. As I recall, yes the two allen head bolts and it comes right apart. Real easy to do.

Post subject: Re: How to.......rear forend iron.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:03 pm 
Tournament Grade

AntelopeTG wrote:
I did the same thing a while back. I put on a beavertail forearm on my Super Sport. Made a big difference with my big hands. As I recall, yes the two allen head bolts and it comes right apart. Real easy to do.

Thank you, much appriciated.