ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: L4Sporting question
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:33 pm 
Crown Grade

Shot some sporting today on tough targets 6 boxes (mixture of winchester promos and aguila hdcp) with the L4S Sporting to see if the new burned carbon removal stated by the Fabarm USA gunsmith worked along with my added attraction......the added attraction was a light coating 1 inch down from the top on the mag. tube with Safari Charlie. Virtually no burned carbon but with the 0000 steel wool and mineral spirits - gone quickly. Nothing to it actually but it was only 6 boxes but still basically nothing. Cleaned the entire gun in 15 minutes without pulling the trigger for cleaning.

Don't anticipate any more cleaning problems.......just shoot it. Will now wait until I cannot hear the gas piston moving up and down the mag. tube when you have the breech locked back and you are pointing the muzzle down and then back up. I think as long as you can hear that, no need to clean it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:05 pm 
Crown Grade

One last time - going to shoot 2 different NSCA events this weekend so thought I better clean the L4S Sporting again. Only 22 boxes through it this time, but still, thought I better be safe than sorry.

Had previously lubed the action with Safari Charlie (non petroleum based) and left the gas operation dry with the exception of a little Slip 2000 on the end of the mag. tube (about an inch) so as to easily remove the burned carbon which there was. Per the Fabarm USA primary gunsmith, Andrew, used steel wool and solvent of choice (mineral spirits), comes right off quickly.....no problem at all.

The balance of the gun was not dirty at all, so no need to clean it - total cleaning time, not over 3 minutes. This gun shoots so good when it's clean, really hard to believe. I just got lucky because I've never owned a Fabarm before.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:50 pm 
Crown Grade

Went to Nationals and shot the Main and 5 Stand and as usual, a great experience.

Went by Fabarm USA and visited with Andrew and he serviced my L4S Sporting. He is a class act. I walked in, shook hands, and he went straight to work. Hard to find gunsmiths with his knowledge and character. If you've got a problem with a Fabarm, get in touch with him, he's very approachable and knows his business.........really good.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:12 pm 
Tournament Grade

I have had my L4S for almost a year and cannot say enough good things about it. It replaced my Franchi 712 Raptor, which I really liked, but had a POI issue (still have my 720 Raptor and it is a great gas SA, too bad Beretta took it away from Franchi). I put the extra weight in the L4S stock and the base extra weight on the forearm. I can shoot 100 round of Sporting Clays and not feel a thing. I almost went with a Beretta A400 Sporting as I bought my son one a couple of years ago, but decided to try the L4S after the comments here. There are no dealers near by so I bought it without trying it and it has been everything that I expected from other owners. Also, cleaning has been relatively easy. I have about 700 rounds through it and decided to give it a cleaning. Most of the burned powder came off with Hoppes and a cloth. I used a brass brush to remove it around the edges, no problem what so ever. Gave it a lube with Horndy One Shot with a touch of oil on the O-Ring and no problems! Great gun and a real keeper.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:54 am 
Tournament Grade

Did 225 rounds yesterday in 2 hours with T shirt and pad in my vest. Did not feel anything afterward! Have not had any DNF or jams in almost a year. Great clay gun!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:40 am 
Crown Grade

mddan wrote:
Did 225 rounds yesterday in 2 hours with T shirt and pad in my vest. Did not feel anything afterward! Have not had any DNF or jams in almost a year. Great clay gun!

Bet one would be more than passable in a dove field as well.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)