ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Which model for SCs?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:19 pm 
Tournament Grade

Reading all the different semis for target shooting on Fabarms sight has me wondering what is the best model for SCs? I am going to look at them Friday, so any help to narrow it down and help in the decision would be most helpful. My LOP on my O/U was 14 5/8 and I need some cast as I have a narrow fact.

Thanks

Slim

Post subject: Re: Which model for SCs?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:29 pm 
Crown Grade

senoiaslim wrote:
Reading all the different semis for target shooting on Fabarms sight has me wondering what is the best model for SCs? I am going to look at them Friday, so any help to narrow it down and help in the decision would be most helpful. My LOP on my O/U was 14 5/8 and I need some cast as I have a narrow fact.

Thanks

Slim

Slim, don't think you will have a problem on the fit with the provided spacers. I went with the L4S Sporting 30" and tweaked it to my personal specs. Could not be more pleased with it after I added a KICK-EEZ pad, the butt stock weight that Fabarm furnishes and a Fabarm forearm weight. Now it weighs 7 3/4 lbs. with LOP at 14 5/8". Really a lot of fun to shoot......shot 7 boxes the last time at sporting with 1 oz. @ 1300 fps. and was ready to keep shooting but ran out of shells.

The XLR5 is also a good option. A little heavier, you probably wouldn't have to add any weight to it. 3" chamber and a different gas piston. The L4S is supposed to be an upgrade on the new piston. They are both shooters and you couldn't go wrong with either IMO.

Last edited by 4th. down on Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:01 pm 
Tournament Grade

L4S or XLR5. I've got an XLR5 LR and I really like it for sporting clays. The XLR5 has more rib options. I think either the LR or FR would be best for sporting, but the adjustable rib might also work. You will know after handling them which you prefer.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:27 am 
Presentation Grade

I purchased the left hand version of the XLR-FR several years ago and really like it. It weighs around 7-1/2# out of the box, and with the stock shims is easy to fit to you. I thought the weight was a bit low for a Sporting gun(30” barrels) but recoil is very mild. Since I am bothered by recoil, this is a good thing for me. Excellent gun, well made, and good customer service(so I hear- haven’t needed it yet).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:32 pm 
Tournament Grade

I bought an L4S due to the comments on this forum. There were no local stores that stock Fabarm so I took the plunge and so far it has been great. The recoil is mild, although I did add the weight Fabarm sells for inside the stock, Quality is great and has never had a jam or DNF yet.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:34 pm 
Tournament Grade

mddan wrote:
I bought an L4S due to the comments on this forum. There were no local stores that stock Fabarm so I took the plunge and so far it has been great. The recoil is mild, although I did add the weight Fabarm sells for inside the stock, Quality is great and has never had a jam or DNF yet.

I did not know they had a weight inside the stock that was extra? I saw where there was a, (what I thought) weight in the stock as standard? Is yours something different?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:28 pm 
Tournament Grade

Here it is:

https://fabarmusa.com/product/kinetik-r ... ucer-150g/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:49 pm 
Crown Grade

L4S Sporting 30" update.......right now I'm at 10K rounds with mostly 1 oz. reloads @ 1300 fps. out of the #7 choke (.028).

I don't wipe the gun down anymore after shooting. I just clean it except for pulling the trigger and a disassembly of the bolt/firing pin. It's so fast and easy to clean, I just figure why not. Simple Green Pro HD and hot water. Gas system dry and lube the action with Safari Charlie. I think back to all my other gas autos and it's no comparison. So far, I've never pulled the trigger or disassembled the bolt but I suspect that's coming up in the near future. I have yet to see one on the sporting course or 5 stand......XLR5's yes, but not the L4S Sporting.....hard to believe.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:18 pm 
Tournament Grade

4th. down wrote:
L4S Sporting 30" update.......right now I'm at 10K rounds with mostly 1 oz. reloads @ 1300 fps. out of the #7 choke (.028).

I don't wipe the gun down anymore after shooting. I just clean it except for pulling the trigger and a disassembly of the bolt/firing pin. It's so fast and easy to clean, I just figure why not. Simple Green Pro HD and hot water. Gas system dry and lube the action with Safari Charlie. I think back to all my other gas autos and it's no comparison. So far, I've never pulled the trigger or disassembled the bolt but I suspect that's coming up in the near future. I have yet to see one on the sporting course or 5 stand......XLR5's yes, but not the L4S Sporting.....hard to believe.

Awesome information. I demoed the l4s and A400. I was not impressed with the A400. So I went and decided on the Fabarm as the way it is built. Even though they did not have a xlr5 to demo, I went with that. I just like being able to dial in the stock.