ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Fabarm SxS called the Autumn
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:03 pm 
Tournament Grade

I contacted Fabarm about a week ago concerning rumors I've heard about a new Side by Side. A gentleman by the name of Tom Smith from CG got back to me and told me that Fabarm plans to release a new SxS called the Autumn at the end of the summer. It sounds like it will be available in 20 gauge to start with an English stock. I have no idea on price or any other details. Just thought you might want to be aware if you are in the market.

Post subject: Re: New Fabarm SxS called the Autumn
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:13 pm 
Field Grade

I’ll get in line..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:37 pm 
Diamond Grade

I’m just going to follow this thread.

Have to wonder if it’s supposed to be humorous. It’s called the Autumn and it’s coming at the end of summer? Of course it is!

Last edited by EricB on Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:44 pm 
Diamond Grade

Hopefully it’s more than a rebadged classic lion.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:12 am 
Utility Grade

trevijazz wrote:
Hopefully it’s more than a rebadged classic lion.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I really hope too, I am a Fabarm lover and had opportunity to visit the factory several times.
I tried the 12 Classis on few hunting days (classic lion here in US) and once I fired the 20 CLASSIS side by side.
They are good guns and reliable but basically they were the old the 12 BETA put on diet. That product from what I know is the oldest running project in FABARM line. If you search you could find some dating back to 196x. Good, reliable and normally weighted if seen with eyes from 60-70-80 maybe, with the 4 lugs it belongs to history. But already in 2010 it was very very heavy and old.
I hope that the new SxS will be based on NOBILE sidebyside, it was a lovely product with ultralite receiver that I do not know why is no longer in production. I never shot it but I saw it well and it's not comparable to Classic Lion, you clearly see a real new project developed after with 50+ years. Really new mechanics, adjustable opening tension and a lever to deactevate auto ejectors. Not re badged old BETA/CLASSIC LION/CLASSIS. SxS has never been my 1st or 2nd gun but for a REAL NEW Fabarm SxS.... :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:16 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Jess wrote:
A gentleman by the name of Tom Smith from CG got back to me and told me that Fabarm plans to release a new SxS called the Autumn at the end of the summer.

It has a 6-lug action.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:14 pm 
Utility Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Jess wrote:
A gentleman by the name of Tom Smith from CG got back to me and told me that Fabarm plans to release a new SxS called the Autumn at the end of the summer.

It has a 6-lug action.

This is SO SO SO GOOD TO HEAR Mr. Wakeman.
Never seen a 6 lug and surely a it's weight challenge but a new project is really a good news. I'll try to discover something too.
As I said the old 4 lug project was 60 years old and really an embarassing product to recycle. Now we just have to save money.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:39 pm 
Crown Grade

I`ll not be in the market, but as a Fabarm fan who thinks they make quality guns, I expect it to be a standout upland gun. Looking forward to seeing it. Can`t help but wonder if it will be priced somewhere along the lines of the L4S Hunter series or further up the line.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:06 pm 
Crown Grade

oyeme wrote:
RandyWakeman wrote:
Jess wrote:

It has a 6-lug action.

I am sure it will be great coming from FABARM. They make good stuff IMO.

Your comment made me recall a statement made by old Jack O'Conner when comparing the strength of the action of the single lug/bolt Model 21 against European shotguns. As he put it, more locks did not equate to more strength, because some of the European guns had more locks on them than "a Mississippi jailhouse" but still shot loose.

I thought it was funny then and still do.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:55 pm 
Crown Grade

oyeme wrote:
RandyWakeman wrote:
Jess wrote:

It has a 6-lug action.

I am sure it will be great coming from FABARM.

Your comment made me recall a statement made by old Jack O'Conner when comparing the strength of the action of the single lug/bolt Model 21 against European shotguns. As he put it, more locks did not equate to more strength, because some of the European guns had more locks on them than "a Mississippi jailhouse" but still shot loose.

I thought it was funny then and still do.

20 gauge, English stock, sounds like the makins` of a great grouse gun, oyeme!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:59 pm 
Crown Grade

Tide: as MAJ is fond of saying, "forsooth".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:15 pm 
Crown Grade

oyeme wrote:

Uh Huh....Yeah. Let`s hear your tune after the pictures, reviews and specs come out. I can just see it now: Really nice walnut with a classic splinter forearm, 26" ( maybe even 24"! ) interchangeable choke ( we all know how good the Fabarm chokes are! ) barrels, nicely blued, weighing what? 5 1/2 lbs maybe? Carry it all day, quick as a hiccup to that grouse climbing out...." forsooth " my fanny !! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:22 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have a Fabarm Lion. Not an expert with regard to SxSs but I like it. Like my 471 Beretta better, but the price was considerably more.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:20 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Tidefanatic wrote:
oyeme wrote:

Uh Huh....Yeah. Let`s hear your tune after the pictures, reviews and specs come out. I can just see it now: Really nice walnut with a classic splinter forearm, 26" ( maybe even 24"! ) interchangeable choke ( we all know how good the Fabarm chokes are! ) barrels, nicely blued, weighing what? 5 1/2 lbs maybe? Carry it all day, quick as a hiccup to that grouse climbing out...." forsooth " my fanny !! :lol: :lol:

Good looking gun! MSRP for this one is $3,995 and will come in 20 gauge with either 28" or 30" barrels. Only right hand at this time.

The standard config is the one with the English stock. Though there will be a few in circulation with the Pistol grip option. Due in end of August, the rest in Sept/Oct.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:01 am 
Crown Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Tidefanatic wrote:
oyeme wrote:

Good looking gun! MSRP for this one is $3,995 and will come in 20 gauge with either 28" or 30" barrels. Only right hand at this time.

The standard config is the one with the English stock. Though there will be a few in circulation with the Pistol grip option. Due in end of August, the rest in Sept/Oct.

I`m sure it`s a beaut! I would have thought 26", 28" at the longest but hey, that`s just me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:40 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Egads! (hat tip to oyeme) I hope they don't make a Syren version as all of my spare filthy lucre is going to retriever training this year. MAJ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:48 pm 
Crown Grade

MAJENKINS wrote:
Egads! (hat tip to oyeme) I hope they don't make a Syren version as all of my spare filthy lucre is going to retriever training this year. MAJ

So Mary Ann, what do you anticipate the pup will be retrieving once it graduates from school ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:53 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:27 pm 
Crown Grade

I like everything about it except the single gold trigger. I wonder if it will also be available with double triggers? Beautiful case colors and a very unique bolting system! Have they provided the weight for them yet?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:46 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Tidefanatic wrote:
MAJENKINS wrote:

So Mary Ann, what do you anticipate the pup will be retrieving once it graduates from school ?

For now her first goal is an AKC Junior Hunter certificate. She's doing bench work, but is about to move on to field exercises (somewhat complicated by the heat, it was 102 today). For Texas that means she will be worked on dove and quail, and she'll also get practice on ducks since the trainer, Chuck Hastedt, is a water retriever guy (specializes in Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers, which I would not try and say fast three times while drinking). My interest, as much as anything, is to take a Standard Poodle back to its original purpose, which is to be a water retriever. She loves water and her idea of an amusement park is a really good puddle. She is a curious young and active and needs to stay engaged in a job of work, so even if she never gets an alphabet after her name, she's having a really good time.

Incidentally, she goes skeet shooting with me and sits at heel all the way around the field. So firearms are not a problem for her at all. MAJ