ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Fabarm SxS called the Autumn
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:21 pm 
Crown Grade

MAJENKINS wrote:
Tidefanatic wrote:
MAJENKINS wrote:
Egads! (hat tip to oyeme) I hope they don't make a Syren version as all of my spare filthy lucre is going to retriever training this year. MAJ

So Mary Ann, what do you anticipate the pup will be retrieving once it graduates from school ?

For now her first goal is an AKC Junior Hunter certificate. She's doing bench work, but is about to move on to field exercises (somewhat complicated by the heat, it was 102 today). For Texas that means she will be worked on dove and quail, and she'll also get practice on ducks since the trainer, Chuck Hastedt, is a water retriever guy (specializes in Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers, which I would not try and say fast three times while drinking). My interest, as much as anything, is to take a Standard Poodle back to its original purpose, which is to be a water retriever. She loves water and her idea of an amusement park is a really good puddle. She is a curious young and active and needs to stay engaged in a job of work, so even if she never gets an alphabet after her name, she's having a really good time.

Incidentally, she goes skeet shooting with me and sits at heel all the way around the field. So firearms are not a problem for her at all. MAJ

Do you plan to hunt her? it`s really hard to describe the feeling you get with them in the field or marsh with you and they deliver a bird to hand. I still miss my golden, Dawn.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:31 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I'll give it a try, but given my inability to hit anything she'll be highly frustrated. More likely, I'll go along as a dog handler with friends who can actually hit a bird. Her trainer is taking her through the Jr. Hunter trials. MAJ

PS: I'm going over to the sporting dog section to tell you my hunting poodle story.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:40 am 
Crown Grade

MAJENKINS wrote:
I'll give it a try, but given my inability to hit anything she'll be highly frustrated. More likely, I'll go along as a dog handler with friends who can actually hit a bird. Her trainer is taking her through the Jr. Hunter trials. MAJ

PS: I'm going over to the sporting dog section to tell you my hunting poodle story.

You are far too modest, MAJ. Try what I do. Aim just below them, and make sure it is not a real windy day so the wave action doesn't hide them as they bob on the water. With practice, you too can be a sure shot like me! :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:06 pm 
Tournament Grade

Anyone else here anything about this new gun coming out? I can remember hearing about the ithaca phoenix o/u and I waited and waited for it to come out and it never did. Randy Wakeman...if you are following this thread...do you have any more inside knowledge about this project?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:14 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

The first shipment is on its way, due any day, the rest in Sept/Oct.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:13 pm 
Utility Grade

I was just at my FFL and he said he had two on the way. They told him he would have them by October.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:14 pm 
Tournament Grade

I just called my Fabarm dealer and he said the MSRP is 4 grand.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:53 am 
Crown Grade

FABARM just responded to my question about the weight. I was concerned it might be heavier than a good field gun should be due to the very "robust" and duplicative bolting system. FABARM says average weight will be 6 lbs for one with straight grip and 28 inch barrels! If so, that is an ideal weight for a 20 gauge field gun IMO.

Not surprised at the MSRP and they should have a lessened "street price". We shall see. Too bad I am at the age where it does not make any sense to buy anything other than Long Term Care insurance and burial arrangements! :shock:

Tom Smith <[email protected]>
11:42 AM (1 hour ago)
to me

William,
The average weight for the Autumn with English stock and 28” barrels is 6lbs.
Please let me know if I can help you with anything else and thank you for your interest in Fabarm.

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:19 pm 
Limited Edition

oyeme wrote:
Too bad I am at the age where it does not make any sense to buy anything other than Long Term Care insurance and burial arrangements! :shock:

Tom[/color]

You may as well buy the gun and be happy while you wait till you need those other things!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:29 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

https://fabarmusa.com/autumn/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:18 am 
Crown Grade

That is one very lovely shotgun! I particularly like that they went with a rounded action body and swamped rib. Doesn't look like double triggers will be offered which would be best for a traditionalist like me; but since it is for the US market, the single trigger is De Rigueur.

Hopefully it is a success and gives other makers that make guns like it some stiff competition.

I was wrong and was just told by FABARM that the double trigger option will be available starting in Spring 2021. Now I lost my last alibi for not buying!!! :? :s :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:42 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

As far as I know, the initial shipment is completely sold out. Beretta's $5,350 486 Parallelo is, of course, not a Beretta at all-- it is a Fausti gun. The Autumn is priced right.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:35 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Oh sweet mother-of-pearl, that is a fine looking gun. My bank account so hopes they don't offer a Syren option. MAJ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:37 am 
Tournament Grade

It's up on the Fabarm website. Looks lovely! Never shot a SxS but I may have to treat myself. Hello gorgeous!

https://fabarmusa.com/autumn/

Pistol grip version looks badass. More of a clay crusher look than a hunter. Throw a 12mm rubber recoil pad on, and it's game on for 20g competitions. But that English stock looks classy too. Decisions, decisions...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:44 am 
Crown Grade

oyeme wrote:
That is one very lovely shotgun! I particularly like that they went with a rounded action body and swamped rib. Doesn't look like double triggers will be offered which would be best for a traditionalist like me; but since it is for the US market, the single trigger is De Rigueur.

Hopefully it is a success and gives other makers that make guns like it some stiff competition.

I was wrong and was just told by FABARM that the double trigger option will be available starting in Spring 2021. Now I lost my last alibi for not buying!!! :? :s :lol:

Sure does look like Fabarm is trying to take away reasons NOT to buy the gun! Man, that`s a pretty gun. Since my first gun from my dad was a SxS, always had a weak spot. For the sake of my bank account and marriage I hope I don`t blunder into one of those things somewhere!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:16 pm 
Field Grade

I don't really understand why they don't offer DT's on it, be an awesome gun then. There again too, it seems that SST's are more popular apparently, not a lot of DT's around other than the Turk guns, even the 486 is std with an SST it would seem. Maybe they will down the road. I sure have no beefs with my Classis, 6 yrs old now, ran nothing but 3" in it, working fine except the odd time I've got peas or barley into it, let's me know PDQ about that. Dealer had some 20ga come in this year, but, they had the pistol grip. He also had a Nobile on the rack for a while, nice gun, was used though, same price as the new ones.. I may fall prey to it if I get one in hand, kinda want a DT hammergun more though. Fabarm has a new dist in Cda now, see how that works out, they've been around for a while, good sized dist, wait and see how they and Fabarm get along.
I see the FAIR Iside Vintage is restricted to 20ga again, they had 16ga & 28ga up on the site for a while, gone now. Guess I'll have to hurry up and wait some more, like to have a 12ga on that gun. The 20 has been awesome so far, starting it's second waterfowl season.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:41 am 
Utility Grade

trevijazz wrote:
Hopefully it’s more than a rebadged classic lion.

Unfortunately you are totally right.
Mr Wakeman said it's a 6 six lugs, so a totally new gun and I had so many hopes.
But is nothing more than the old Beta, Beta Classis, Classis, Classic Lion.
New like going to war with a spear and shield.
Very very disappointed.
I asked infos in the company and I heard nothing about a new model.
But I seriously hoped, as I wrote before, that we were dreaming about something based on Nobile SS shotgun.... why not?
But nothing.
Old project, old concept, old problems, old heavy reheated soup
No ejector selector, no adjustable opening tension.
It's the Beta of 1960/70, look here article of 2006
https://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/sh ... gun-review

;-(

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:34 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

CarloV71 wrote:
Very very disappointed.

How many Autumn's do you own?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:25 am 
Utility Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
CarloV71 wrote:
Very very disappointed.

0. Like probably everyone writing here around.
But if anyone have one or are aware of what's new inside please Let us know.

I had a Beta from late '70, I shot with Classis... Same gun... beautiful but same old gun.
Classis 12 or 20 and Autumn engravings are the same.

Maybe the action and components have been totally redesigned but all you can see from outside is the same....

Can anyone mention a single product or manufacturer that hides innovations in an old design?
Generally you see the opposite.
Autumn is honest, It's a rebadged Classis with colored body.

Please check this other good article here, Classis 20, 2012.
You can also see inside, check everything from weights to price.
https://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/shotgun/fabarm-classis-20-shotgun-review-2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:41 am 
Crown Grade

CarloV71 wrote:
RandyWakeman wrote:
CarloV71 wrote:
Very very disappointed.

0. Like probably everyone writing here around.
But if anyone have one or are aware of what's new inside please Let us know.

I had a Beta from late '70, I shot with Classis... Same gun... beautiful but same old gun.
Classis 12 or 20 and Autumn engravings are the same.

Maybe the action and components have been totally redesigned but all you can see from outside is the same....

Can anyone mention a single product or manufacturer that hides innovations in an old design?
Generally you see the opposite.
Autumn is honest, It's a rebadged Classis with colored body.

Please check this other good article here, Classis 20, 2012.
You can also see inside, check everything from weights to price.
https://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/shotgun/fabarm-classis-20-shotgun-review-2

Just curious. Were those other Fabarm guns that you indicate the Autumn is just a rehash of good guns? I assume not because you seem to find fault if the Autumn is not something " new and improved ".

Read the review (Classis ) link you posted. Sounded pretty good to me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next