ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WTB 28ga Winchester Model 12 beater, shooter or project
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:14 am 
Tournament Grade

Looking for a beater, shooter or project gun.
Thanks!

Post subject: Re: WTB 28ga Winchester Model 12 beater, shooter or project
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:54 pm 
Diamond Grade

That's going to be a tough find at a price low enough to make it worth fixing up,
or to find in shooter/beater configuration. That's my humble opinion anyway. Since you said a project gun is ok, obviously, you're skilled enough to do the work yourself, or else have a budget for, or access to, the labor and expense a project will require.

I hope you find one in short order and it checks all the boxes for you, because they sure are neat guns...unique, relatively uncommon, and a pleasure to own and shoot!

I'm assuming you want a pre-1964 gun as opposed to Miroku made?

My small framed Model 12's were 16 and 20 gauge. I had a Japanese 28 ga. version for a while too. That was back in my vintage skeet competition pump gun days. I've changed interest, so I have only the very nice 20 ga. left, and I eventually may sell that one as well. I only use it a few times a year for dove.

Good luck and keep us posted.

It's fun to follow restoration and fix up projects. Especially with photos. And especially for guys like me who don't have the skills or experience to do such things. I've always admired and appreciated other"s skill and ambition, and enjoy the before and after photos.