ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WTB Ithaca 37 16 ga.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:03 am 
Utility Grade

Want to buy a 1960 or older 37 in 16 gauge to love and appreciate. Will consider any choke but prefer MOD or IC. I prefer an older model but am willing to consider something post interchange barrel vintage if it has hand cut checkering.
To save us all some trouble I do have a modest budget so collector pieces, closet hobbits and unobtainiums are probably out.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Joshua

Post subject: Re: WTB Ithaca 37 16 ga.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:32 pm 
Diamond Grade

gunbroker.com is a good source from time to time. I’ve heard of a place called Firetower Doubles that specializes in Ithaca guns that might be worth Googling.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:11 pm 
Diamond Grade

What is your price range and what state are you located in?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:07 pm 
Utility Grade

I am in Colorado. I have just started my quest, watching the usual places online and trying to get an idea where values are.

Regarding what I want to spend, well, as little as possible for as much as possible. I am not in the hunt for collectables, one of a kinds, or super high grade examples. I can't afford them.

Not trying to be rude, or seem greedy, but I have learned in horse trades that giving out what you are willing to spend pretty much gets you on the back foot right away with some folks.

I can fix stocks (woodworker by trade).

I only own a few guns but the ones I have were chosen carefully and I love them. Why carry something into the field that you do not feel joy to use.
A couple I own have huge sentimental value because they belonged to my dad or someone important to me. I consider gun ownership more like stewardship I guess, in case who takes over care of your shotgun is important to you. I know it would be important to me.
Joshua

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:43 pm 
Tournament Grade

Www.gunsinternational.com. There is a separate listing for Model 37’s.