ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 725 Sporting, 690 Sporting Black, or Gran Lighting?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:40 am 
Tournament Grade

Dward wrote:
“Did you bother to read the previous post?”

Did you bother to read that the section is about opinions?

So, you respond to the "section" and not the OP. OK. Got it. It's about your opinion and not the question that the OP asked. Perfect. Nice way to welcome him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:57 pm 
Utility Grade

Well, I'm very pleased with the 725.

I took my 18 year old son out on Saturday. He loves it! A few shots to compare/contrast, and he's ready to get rid of his 20 gage Weatherby SA-08 (Youth).

Once again. Thanks for all the posts.

Browning Citori 725 Sporting 12g
Browning Citori 725 Sporting 28g
Browning Superposed 12g Mod/IC
Browning Superposed 20g SK/SK

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:29 pm 
Crown Grade

Enjoy it. My son put thousands of rounds through his. I always enjoyed the way it set up and swung. It is still our go to back up gun.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:27 pm 
Limited Edition

“So, you respond to the "section" and not the OP. OK. Got it. It's about your opinion and not the question that the OP asked. Perfect. Nice way to welcome him.”

Nice way to try to shut someone down you don’t agree with.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:19 am 
Crown Grade

Dward wrote:
“So, you respond to the "section" and not the OP. OK. Got it. It's about your opinion and not the question that the OP asked. Perfect. Nice way to welcome him.”

Nice way to try to shut someone down you don’t agree with.

The OP posted on Friday that he bought a 725. On Saturday you asked him what he bought. We have all missed something. Your opinion that the Beretta is a better gun wasn’t the issue, but it doesn’t make any difference after the fact. Not a big deal. Relax.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:38 pm 
Limited Edition

“The OP posted on Friday that he bought a 725. On Saturday you asked him what he bought. We have all missed something. Your opinion that the Beretta is a better gun wasn’t the issue, but it doesn’t make any difference after the fact. Not a big deal. Relax.”

Normally a comment that debates my opinion would never bother me. A debate on the merits of an idea builds knowledge. However, someone acting as the presumed conscience of the forum attempting to subordinate anyone, not based on the merit of the debate but on personal feelings, is intimidation. Be it conscious or not, this limits the free expression of thought and ideas. If it continues it prevents participation. This needs to be avoided.

I presume some will feel I am unnecessarily continuing an insignificant and moot point. So be it. But, if left unsaid, such activity usually continues. Also, I am relaxed. I think most everyone knows that the language of hostility looks much different than this.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:06 pm 
Tournament Grade

Dward wrote:
“The OP posted on Friday that he bought a 725. On Saturday you asked him what he bought. We have all missed something. Your opinion that the Beretta is a better gun wasn’t the issue, but it doesn’t make any difference after the fact. Not a big deal. Relax.”

Normally a comment that debates my opinion would never bother me. A debate on the merits of an idea builds knowledge. However, someone acting as the presumed conscience of the forum attempting to subordinate anyone, not based on the merit of the debate but on personal feelings, is intimidation. Be it conscious or not, this limits the free expression of thought and ideas. If it continues it prevents participation. This needs to be avoided.

I presume some will feel I am unnecessarily continuing an insignificant and moot point. So be it. But, if left unsaid, such activity usually continues. Also, I am relaxed. I think most everyone knows that the language of hostility looks much different than this.

You and I will not agree. The day after the OP posted that he had purchased a Browning, you make a post that effectively denigrates his decision. You are the one who actually was limiting the free expression of thought and idea, as it serves to constrain people from even asking for advice if their decision is going to then be effectively criticized after the fact. You did not ask what he bought. My perspective is that your post is exactly what restricts participation. That's why I commented exactly how I did.