ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Connecticut shotgun manufacturing
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:37 am 
Field Grade

Since receiving this shotgun, a revelation in 20 gauge, I fell immediately in love with it. Beautiful craftsmanship and quick handling. I shot it at clay birds and have never shot better. However I wish that their customer service was as good as their shotguns. I saw via search of this site that there was some unhappiness with them as well. I purchased it off gunbroker new. I expected a reply as always from other people I’ve dealt with. I filled out the purchase page, put in FFL info and method of payment. After seven days and no acknowledgement of receipt of the cashiers check I emailed through the gunbroker listing if they had received my check. The person that answered back asked if I sent a check. I say to myself did you read and comprehend my email??? That was after a few days of waiting for his answer. I answered back with the same question. Another few days till I get another answer and now he sounds confused about why I’m emailing him. After another week of this rigmarole I start to call them now. I talk to a woman and she hands me off to a manager who then tells me the shotgun I ordered has already been sold. I asked to me? He said no to someone else. Now I’m really not happy. This man, who sounds like a used car salesman, says I can order another one off the site. So I do and call back to him to order one and he says yep I got your check and will ship it out today with tracking number. Ok great now we are getting somewhere. No tracking number for two days. So I call back and ask what’s up? Same answer as before and for the next week it is always ready to go ship that day. I’m getting more frustrated and dismayed that this is happening. Finally I’ve had enough and badger them seven times in one day till they finally send it out. They made promises that the did not keep which is what prompted me to keep escalating the issue. I’m sure after all this nonsense they were tired of my persistence but I didn’t care. Don’t make promises you have no intention of keeping to your customers. Sorry to be so long winded but it was rather a convoluted situation. 5anks for listening.

Post subject: Re: Connecticut shotgun manufacturing
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:42 am 
Crown Grade

mustanggt wrote:
Since receiving this shotgun, a revelation in 20 gauge, I fell immediately in love with it. Beautiful craftsmanship and quick handling. I shot it at clay birds and have never shot better. However I wish that their customer service was as good as their shotguns. I saw via search of this site that there was some unhappiness with them as well. I purchased it off gunbroker new. I expected a reply as always from other people I’ve dealt with. I filled out the purchase page, put in FFL info and method of payment. After seven days and no acknowledgement of receipt of the cashiers check I emailed through the gunbroker listing if they had received my check. The person that answered back asked if I sent a check. I say to myself did you read and comprehend my email??? That was after a few days of waiting for his answer. I answered back with the same question. Another few days till I get another answer and now he sounds confused about why I’m emailing him. After another week of this rigmarole I start to call them now. I talk to a woman and she hands me off to a manager who then tells me the shotgun I ordered has already been sold. I asked to me? He said no to someone else. Now I’m really not happy. This man, who sounds like a used car salesman, says I can order another one off the site. So I do and call back to him to order one and he says yep I got your check and will ship it out today with tracking number. Ok great now we are getting somewhere. No tracking number for two days. So I call back and ask what’s up? Same answer as before and for the next week it is always ready to go ship that day. I’m getting more frustrated and dismayed that this is happening. Finally I’ve had enough and badger them seven times in one day till they finally send it out. They made promises that the did not keep which is what prompted me to keep escalating the issue. I’m sure after all this nonsense they were tired of my persistence but I didn’t care. Don’t make promises you have no intention of keeping to your customers. Sorry to be so long winded but it was rather a convoluted situation. 5anks for listening.

Buyer beware!
Who was the seller?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:25 am 
Field Grade

Connecticut shotgun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:17 pm 
Crown Grade

Your experience was the opposite of mine when dealing with CSMC. Too bad they dropped the ball. Happy customers tell their buddies. Unhappy ones tell the world. They should know better.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:28 pm 
Field Grade

There will always be the caveat of what a great shotgun it is but.....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:22 am 
Field Grade

I shot it again yesterday and I really love this shotgun. I would recommend their product wholeheartedly. All I hope is that you get a lot better service than I did. Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:40 pm 
Field Grade

Were you actually dealing with Connecticut Shotgun or was it some hack selling their shotguns. I ask simply because I find it surprising that a shop with a reputation for making one of the best shotguns in the world would be so lacking in Customer Service.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:11 am 
Field Grade

Is was not some dude it was directly from them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:44 am 
Crown Grade

CSM sells a lot of their products direct via GI ads. See below.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns- ... _p1_o3.cfm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:21 pm 
Field Grade

I bought off a gunbroker listing of theirs. When they screwed up my purchase and sold it out from under me I bought another one directly from them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:33 pm 
Diamond Grade

I hope they treat you better than that if you ever need warranty work, repairs, parts, annual, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:57 pm 
Field Grade

Grouse, I hope you’re right. Right now I’m very happy with the way it looks and the way it’s performing. On a contrasting side note I bought a little 28 gauge from able ammo, a franchi xl that from payment to ship was 16 hours. How about that?