ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta 692 issues?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:34 am 
Tournament Grade

Finally found a NIB Beretta 692 with Left Hand BFast stock, a rare bird.
I thought I had read there were issues with the early arrivals of the 692
Did a search and my skills must be poor can't find anything
Input appreciated

Post subject: Re: Beretta 692 issues?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:31 am 
Field Grade

I've gotten close to 10,000 shots through mine. No major issues here. The ejectors got stuck a few times, but Beretta did replace those with a newer version at the World Championships in Hungary for free.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:41 am 
Limited Edition

I know two new shooters in the last two years, one skeet & one sporting, who both had ejector issues that caused them move on to Kolar and Blaser respectively because they became quite serious about their games and started shooting registered early on. I would call Cole's and ask if Beretta had resolved the issues with BronzeClay's fix.

Loved 682 back in the day a really want to see the 692 earn a solid reputation for serious shooters.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:46 am 
Tournament Grade

I would go to the I Love Beretta forum and search there.
I had one. Had the ejectors being replaced. I had the upper tang screw break twice, Hinge pin cover fall off. Hope you have better luck than I had with mine.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:01 pm 
Diamond Grade

For what it's worth... my shooting buddy's 692 has been in Beretta's shop 3 times in the first year of ownership. Broken ejectors, broken opening lever, trigger not resetting, broken hammer, cracked stock in two places, etc. After the third trip to the shop, Beretta replaced the whole gun with a brand new one, which he has been shooting for about 3 months now with any issues so far. Knowing that, I would buy something else. There is one for sale on this forum however... viewtopic.php?f=69&t=459005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:51 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Yes, the ejector issue I am familiar with, at least my issue.
This was with my own &, 3 other Beretta 682's in my area.
My ejectors were sticking badly on occasion.
When I removed & inspected them, I found they were very slightly bent.
After simply straightening them, I've had no further issues in 7 years.
There's really not much else to go wrong with them unless, they are out of timing.

Regards.............SoT

Sydney J. Harris

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:36 am 
Limited Edition

son of thurlo wrote:
There's really not much else to go wrong with them unless, they are out of timing.

Regards.............SoT

The question was about the 692, so experiences with the 682 don't have much bearing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:27 pm 
Field Grade

from experience, I would buy a CG or F16, about same money and better gun. I can attest to the CG and 692.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:10 pm 
Crown Grade

I've been eye balling a 692 and even a 690, and it's really hit or miss, some people have had issues with the ejectors/extractors others have not.

I shot with a guy who had a 692 not too long ago, and he mentioned that as long as you stayed up on the maintenance of the ejectors, extractors, you will be good to go. As others have mentioned Beretta knew there was a problem, and have been doing right to get it fixed.

I've been eye balling a CG/Fabarm RS 12/ and the Blaser F16, very shortly I'm going to make the move to an over under, probably around march.

NSCA#620844
Muller Mafia Fan&Member
"regard le putain d'oiseau"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:49 pm 
Crown Grade

I know one guy with a 692 - he's had issues with the upper tang screw. It's broken once or twice and loosened up several times.

Poor design. Once that one screw is loose the receiver can hinge and split the stock. Or the whole stock and trigger group can separate from the receiver. They have taken the screw out in front of the trigger guard that helps lock the trigger group into the receiver.

Love 68x series. I would not buy a 692.

One of Many

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:39 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

mil_dot wrote:
son of thurlo wrote:

Regards.............SoT

The question was about the 692, so experiences with the 682 don't have much bearing.

Well, that's statement would be correct if the ejectors were different however, as far as I'm aware, the ejectors are pretty much identical which, is why I posted.
As long as the springs aren't broken & there are no burrs, there really isn't a lot left to go wrong.
My bet would be that the they are ever so slightly bent.

Regards..............SoT

Sydney J. Harris

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:02 pm 
Limited Edition

682 does not have the selectable extortion/ejection feature which is the root of the 692's ejector issues. It incorporates a rubber o-ring which results in cascading failure of the system if/when it falls apart.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:08 pm 
Crown Grade

For close to 4K you shouldn't need to be concerned about these problems. Don't buy. It's a flawed design.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:14 pm 
Crown Grade

Just do a Google search on "Beretta 692 problems" and you'll find enough material to keep you busy the rest of the evening, if not longer.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:07 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Sorry about my uninformed &, incorrect post guys.
Unfortunately, I'd accepted verbal info from a well meaning but obviously incorrect friend.
Obviously I should have done my homework before posting.
Sorry for the distraction in your thread.

Sincere regards..............SoT

Sydney J. Harris

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:31 am 
Utility Grade

I'm in the other boat. I have a 692 Black and love it. It's a well designed and robust machine. I've put over 5000 rounds through it so far without a single issue. The ejectors work well, no malfunctions of any kind. The o-rings mentioned above are a wearable item however they're very easy to replace when needed. Keep the gun cleaned and oiled and she'll reward you with admirable service. I highly recommend the 692 as a "lot of gun for the money".

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:27 am 
Presentation Grade

What do you say we revieve this thread.......since I bought my 692 in March and took delievery of it in April of 2019, I have put 6,475 rounds through the gun, the first three flats I got the usual failure to eject because the ejectors were so sharp, that problem went away. Which I wouldn't even cause a problem.

Yesterday while shooting a registered event, I had two failure to resets after the first shot, I shoot the bottom barrel first, I don't believe it was an ammo issue for the simple reason I have been shooting the exact same load and brand of ammo for 2 years now through that gun with no problem ever.

When I got home I took the stock off and investigated the trigger group and assembly, all good there I also looked at the top tang screw for the opening lever, all good there, nice and tight. I noticed that the trigger assembly the springs were pretty dry and lacking lube, I sprayed them with hoppes 9 and reassembled everything, the trigger felt good after re-assembly and I'm wondering if maybe the inertia blocks just needed some lube.

does anyone else here who owns a 692 ever have any trigger reset issues? not much to go on with this as I did search and nothing really came up.

NSCA#620844
"regarde le putain d'oiseau"