ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Fair Shotguns
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:46 pm 
Field Grade

MGF wrote:
Why not share the name and location of the dealer who treated you well?

* At this point in time, I would prefer not to. There are other visitors that may create further issues. At the appropriate time, I shall provide his name.

(1) I'll say this much, "I will never, not ever conduct any business in Texas. In fact, I'm still deciding on whether to purchase, for the importer's location is on the barrel. If it were not for the authorized dealer I have not mentioned, I would never purchase. It is people like this that continue to light the lamp, while the mainstream continue into darkness.

Romans 3:20
20) Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:00 pm 
Field Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Synoptic 12 wrote:
I've been seeking to purchase an Iside Prestige Tartaruga Gold SXS. However, the road has been most difficult. Research has been ongoing for a year as the only importer is in Texas with little information to be obtained. In speaking with James, he mentioned much in the way of the Rizzini's, the one lane it Italy: but provided to elaborate on any specifics; namely the configurations of the shotgun, or any in depth technical specifications. James merely followed the company line of not giving away any information, only to sell merchandise.

There really was no reason why the pictures were not sent within the allotted time. There could be other factors here but I shall not divulge anything further at this point.

When the pictures were sent, there were very few, actually four. I was interested in the stock as most are when purchasing a high price item. When I viewed the stock, one side was completely different than the other, almost; if not showing severe signs of a large growth or knot. This was very unsightly for a very fine shotgun that incorporates better technical specifications

Back to Texas, where James offered no assistance, just rambling on about shotguns and Italy. James made no mention of the Grade C wood the shotgun was displaying, nor did he make mention of the gold signature seal at the bottom of the Butt stock. There is much more, but I'm sure all the experts here most likely are aware of the facts.

As contacting Moira Facchini, she provided Justin Dodd's email. The countryside of Brescia's walkway is on vacation for the month of August, so I'll have to wait to proceed further. Anyway, sent an email to Justin (CEO) who responded in a very unprofessional way. Justin said he monitored the conversation with James as I did as well. Justin's words were intertwined with falsity, trying to use a convoluted approach.

What does it take to stay far, far, far away?

*Yes, you may very be correct.

Romans 3:20
20) Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:40 am 
Diamond Grade

Not sure of the history but you are buying about a $2500 dollar gun and appear to be interacting like you are specifying a $40,000 dollar bespoke English best shotgun before you are willing to buy. Dealers have a finite amount of time and can’t respond to endless tire kickers for a couple hundred bucks in profit. How much information do you need to buy a relatively (compared to a car or truck) low dollar item? Did you do this much research and questioning for your home furnace? Air conditioning? Washer and dryer set? They cost about the same.

https://www.chuckhawks.com/fair_iside_gold.html

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns- ... =101270836

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:41 am 
Tournament Grade

To be 'FAIR' to James/IFG (pun intended), they are an importer/distributor, not a retailer. Distributors spend their days dealing with logistics, not stroking stocks for customers.

It sounds like you were looking for a salesperson, and you eventually found one. Hopefully the lesson learned here is that when you need the services of a salesperson, you should in fact talk to a salesperson.

F.A.I.R.'s issue is that you could probably count the U.S. salespeople that truly know their product on one hand, maybe one finger. But remember, F.A.I.R. mostly sells 'entry-level' break-action guns in the U.S. Mayhaps you are expecting Ferrari-level service from a Chevy dealer? If I go to my LGS to buy a $2k Beretta or Browning, it's a miracle if they can be bothered to pull it off the rack; and forget breaking the action or pulling the trigger on some snap caps. They treat the dusty 725 on the top shelf like it's the Shroud of Turin; a priceless artifact never to be handled by mere mortals. If I asked to closely compare the figuring on the stocks of their two 686s, I'd be laughed out of the place.

Your expectations are totally reasonable for a dedicated shotgun retailer where they sell $12k+ P-/K-guns and fine English doubles. I just don't think they are reasonable for a distributor of entry-level shotguns. F.A.I.R.'s entire appeal is that they sell well-built, no-nonsense shotguns with more features than the comparable entry-level Beretta or Browning. They aren't trying to be Holland & Holland.

Pump-Mossberg 590A1 18.5"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:24 am 
Diamond Grade

In re Zoli I've met Paolo Zoli and toured his factory. They most definitely are not a marketing focused company and are absolutely a very high quality, in house production, real deal manufacturer.

The Z gun is a legit heavy duty clays gun with a very bright future. The quality of the gun is very apparent when holding one.

Artisans like this gent-

Are just a few steps away from high dollar/high tech equipment like this-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:46 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

There's truth in what Patently Obvious and the_phew said, and it's certainly one way to look at it.
OTH, another is that Distributor 1 in this poster's tale had a "whatever" attitude and Distributor 2 had a commitment to treating people and their inquiries with respect.
I've been gunning since about age 11 or 12 (I'm 55 now) and remember every firearm seller, 'smith, accessory seller, instructor, instructor-trainer and match/shoot-runner who showed a positive attitude toward the public.
Same, BTW, for the truly good skeet/trap/clays shooters and club members who were truly good shots and welcoming to the new gunner or club member.
I'm not so naive to believe that exceptionally good conduct toward others will be the norm in any endeavor, but I do believe those who can and do incorporate it in their approach do themselves, their businesses and the industry/shooting community a positive.
Whether it be $1,000 or $2,000 or $3,000, that's quite often a lot of coin for the shooter looking to make the leap into the "better" gun category.
I'd think those that are welcoming, well-serving -- whatever one wishes to call it -- understand they may well be adding a new customer/consumer for a long time or possibility eliminating them from the customer base.
I remember my first purchases of a Citori, a 686, etc.
I'm probably still shooting today and buying guns and consuming the supplies or accoutrements with too-frequent regularity because of people I found exceptional to deal with, exceptional to be around.
So, today, do I thank or curse people like the late George Bartelmay or the late Stu Wright? LOL, still working it out. But I returned to their shops often, remember them well and came to consider them friends ... and that's knowing that my purchases, although significant in my mind, were smallish in their world.
Just a thought.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:29 pm 
Limited Edition

I just got s FAIR jubilee prestige tartaruga gold 16 gauge and its great. I wrote about it and posted pics on other threads. I ordered mine from lion country supply ($2325 + $40 ship) on a Friday morning and it was at my ffl the next Wednesday (3 business days later) Gun shoots well and fits me just like my beretta o/u’s. Beautiful wood and great fit and finish. I’ve shot about 60 clay targets (missed 1 out of the 60) and for me it was just smoking them. I can’t comment on long term reliability of course

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewto ... a7568d8bf4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:46 am 
Limited Edition

Took the new 16ga out yesterday hunting for the first time. First two shots!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:54 pm 
Field Grade

Any thoughts on durability now that it's 9 months past yoru 4000-round check-in?

I have a skinny face, long neck, and high cheekbones, so I tend to like high-combed, high-rib guns with an adjustable comb I can crank up and left a bit. But I've also recently taken up sporting clays, so i want something with some drop at heel to give me more room to swilvel down.

I did a blind comparison of geometries in a spreadsheet, and the Carerra One HR is the closest to what i need out of the box. Plus--it's comparatively cheap. The other contender in this case is a Cynergy CX with an adjustable comb--about $300 more, and I'd need to hike up the comb a bit higher, but it would also do.

the_phew wrote:
I bought a F.A.I.R. Carrera One HR (high rib) for $1600 online, and it handles/feels similar to a 686 to me (but with those two extra features I couldn't get in a new 686). That price for those features can't even be beaten by Turkish guns like the CZ All-American, which is $600 more expensive. There are literally no other options (new or used) for this feature set at $1600 or less.

Here's my thread on it:
https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=488572

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:37 pm 
Crown Grade

Die topic! Die!