ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Retay Masai Mara thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:27 am 
Tournament Grade

Not sure what that means, this is a backup of the Retay I use in the field, gun goes bang and hits where you want it to, not sure anything else is to be expected. Legit co, producing it and just because they haven't penetrated the market as deep as others, doesn't mean anything to me. I am into equipment which works, gun is legit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:39 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I was just curious as to why you'd be selling a NIB gun without ever using it. Glad to hear that you're happy with your primary Retay. I'm not one who views the Retay as a cheap Turkish knockoff of the, IMO, overpriced and over-rated Benelli. To the contrary, Retay strikes me as well made and of good quality. I prefer gas autoloaders, but if I wanted an inertia gun it would be a Retay.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:09 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have been very impressed with my Retay Masai Mara. I bought the walnut stocked 'satin' version and it is a beautiful shotgun with a super smooth action, a great trigger, and the build quality (machining, fitting, etc.) is at least the equal of any semi-auto I have owned, including Benelli.

NRA Life Member

"Profanity is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcefully"--author unknown
"This is a big f__king deal!"--Vice President Joe Biden

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:13 am 
Utility Grade

I'm loving my masai mara 12ga so far. It is so easy to disassemble and the finishing on the bolt carrier group and internals is great. My only gripe is the stock recoil pad is terrible and is harder than a shoe sole. I just put a limbsaver airtech on it and it's perfect now. The limbsaver is a 95% match to the stock but the holes don't align so it takes a little modding to make it work but it is the best upgrade! Shooting 3.5" shells feel like nothing now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7