ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Opinion about Fabarm L4S
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:39 pm 
Field Grade

Randy in the bill put I.Hunter.

Tiguan.

Kromson F.O 32 D' Or
Arturo Fernandez 16 ga
AyA 106 20 ga

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:01 am 
Field Grade

dirty girdy wrote:
delete

?????

Kromson F.O 32 D' Or
Arturo Fernandez 16 ga
AyA 106 20 ga

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:47 am 
Presentation Grade

Patently Obvious wrote:
Randy W the other thread got locked, but my question is where on the Fabarm site do they list minimum shell recommendations for each model auto? The FAQ’s says pistons are not interchangeable and tuned for each model. The Gryphon states tuned to run “target” loads. Waterfowler “heavy” loads. Yet I can’t seem to find minimum recommended shot charge and velocity to reliably cycle the action for the various guns.

‘Tuned’ would seem to be a euphemism for poor design. My 90s era browning gold, 390, Franchi 620, etc etc all have no problems running light target to waterfowl loads. We are moving backwards here. I guess if you can’t make a system that works with a variety of loads then the solution is what you see here. Take your weakness and advertise it as a strength.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:13 am 
Field Grade

Hi, I already have my Fabarm L4S Initial Hunter at home. The shotgun is wonderful but there is something I don't know if it's normal. I explain myself, when I open the closing block and block it in its most backward part (open ejection window) if I move the shotgun (for example, go from having the weapon resting on my shoulder to keeping it on guard) I hear a metallic noise under the handguard that I think is the plunger of the gas system of this shotgun. My question is whether that embolus is to be fixed or when the bedroom is open, that embolus moves freely, I think along the tube storage of cartridges. If you could clear that doubt it would be appreciated. Until they allow the hunting of pigeons I will not diaparare the weapon but the impressions are very good except for that detail.

Kromson F.O 32 D' Or
Arturo Fernandez 16 ga
AyA 106 20 ga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:03 am 
Crown Grade

The noise you are hearing is the gas piston sliding freely on the magazine tube until it hits the gas chamber located on the barrel. It is completely normal and my FABARM Initial Hunter does it also. No worries and just use it.

Mine after break-in with heavier loads will cycle 1 oz (28 grams) at 1,290 fps reliably. I think you will be well pleased with this gun. I shoot mine as well as any that I have tried. Buena Suerte!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:13 am 
Field Grade

oyeme wrote:
The noise you are hearing is the gas piston sliding freely on the magazine tube until it hits the gas chamber located on the barrel. It is completely normal and my FABARM Initial Hunter does it also. No worries and just use it.

Mine after break-in with heavier loads will cycle 1 oz (28 grams) at 1,290 fps reliably. I think you will be well pleased with this gun. I shoot mine as well as any that I have tried. Buena Suerte!

Thank you very much, I supposed that would be the case but I wanted to confirm that it was normal because I did not know if the plunger should be able to move freely or should be anchored or fixed at some point in the weapon. I'll tell you when I have taken it to the field. Thanks, again.

Kromson F.O 32 D' Or
Arturo Fernandez 16 ga
AyA 106 20 ga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:30 am 
Crown Grade

The piston IS fixed or nearly so, when the bolt is forward and into battery. As you indicated the noise of it sliding around much only occurs when you have to bolt locked back in the open position. I would think a sign that the gun is getting pretty carboned up, would be if the bolt is open and the gas piston will not easily slide on the magazine tube.

By the way, you have some guns I know nothing about and am simply curious. What are the FABARM Ellegi model, Erbi LIG, Kromson F.O. guns?
Hasta la proxima.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:55 am 
Field Grade

Thank you very much, you keep me calm. My weapons are quite old. I gave it to a friend of Fabarm Ellegi and he is an old semi-automatic gas-powered shotgun that I think of the 70s or so. As for the Erbi it is a shotgun with the side by side cannons of the same period both in 12/70 caliber. The Kromson is also a shotgun of the 70 cannons over and under with the scale very carved. Then I have two other side-by-side guns, an AyA of 20 and an Arturo Fernandez of 16. If I find a way to upload photos I will put some.

Kromson F.O 32 D' Or
Arturo Fernandez 16 ga
AyA 106 20 ga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:05 am 
Crown Grade

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:49 am 
Field Grade

My impression with the Fabarm L4S ... good face, the fiber point of view helps to take references of the objective, impeccable mechanical operation at the moment, the only thing that the recoil has seemed more abrupt than my old Fabarm or my Benelli. But altogether very happy.

Kromson F.O 32 D' Or
Arturo Fernandez 16 ga
AyA 106 20 ga

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:12 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Tiguan16 wrote:
Thank you very much, I supposed that would be the case but I wanted to confirm that it was normal because I did not know if the plunger should be able to move freely or should be anchored or fixed at some point in the weapon. I'll tell you when I have taken it to the field. Thanks, again.

The gas piston has to move freely-- and there has to be clearance, due to heat expansion when the gun is fired. Whether B-80, 303, 1100, essentially all gas piston guns will make some noise if you purposely shake them . . . including the Rem V3.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:40 am 
Field Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Tiguan16 wrote:

The gas piston has to move freely-- and there has to be clearance, due to heat expansion when the gun is fired. Whether B-80, 303, 1100, essentially all gas piston guns will make some noise if you purposely shake them . . . including the Rem V3.

Thank you very much for the reply. I already read and checked that everything is fine. Regards Randy.

Kromson F.O 32 D' Or
Arturo Fernandez 16 ga
AyA 106 20 ga

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:27 pm 
Tournament Grade

Still one of the softest shooting shotguns I've ever owned. Took mine out to the local 5 Stand today to warm her up for Dove season. Shot 20, 21,21, and 23, this thing is a dove killing machine.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:27 pm 
Field Grade

fatguywithafirearm wrote:
Still one of the softest shooting shotguns I've ever owned. Took mine out to the local 5 Stand today to warm her up for Dove season. Shot 20, 21,21, and 23, this thing is a dove killing machine.

Nice hanger and beautiful shotgun. My perception is that it has more recoil than the other semi-automatic ones that I used at least with the 34 gram cartridge that I shot.

Tiguan.

Kromson F.O 32 D' Or
Arturo Fernandez 16 ga
AyA 106 20 ga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:26 pm 
Diamond Grade

I’m going to get a L4S sport or A400 black Can’t make up my mind .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:50 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I would give the L4S Sporting the edge having also owned the A400. I would never own another A400 with the kick-off feature. I found it very distracting

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:51 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have been ad vised by fabarm that the L4S Initial Hunter is tested at the factory for 1 1/8 lead with a velocity of 1280 fps. You may have trouble cycling lighter loads at least when new. Mine will now cycle 1oz at 1220 fps but only after several hundred hotter rounds.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:00 pm 
Crown Grade

Nightcrawler wrote:
I have been ad vised by fabarm that the L4S Initial Hunter is tested at the factory for 1 1/8 lead with a velocity of 1280 fps. You may have trouble cycling lighter loads at least when new. Mine will now cycle 1oz at 1220 fps but only after several hundred hotter rounds.

Interesting. Out of the box, my IH, I shot 9 or 10 rounds of 2 3/4 " pheasant loads, then went to 1 1/8 oz, 1200 fps #8 Gun Clubs. Never failed. Makes me want to try some 1oz.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:35 pm 
Tournament Grade

Nightcrawler wrote:

Mine cycles the Gun Club 1 oz 1145s with no problem.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:18 am 
Presentation Grade

I heard if you buy and hunt with a fabarm, the birds just drop at first move and mount, no trigger pulling is even required!

NSCA#620844
"regarde le putain d'oiseau"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next