ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Opinion about Fabarm L4S
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:36 pm 
Field Grade

Hi, I have two new concerns with this shotgun. It works perfectly although while cleaning the weapon I have observed a couple of details that disturb me. The first is that the interchangeable shock is loosened with the shots. I don't know if it's normal but in my other shotgun with shock it didn't happen. And second when cleaning the cannon outside I notice in the last third of it that there is a bulge. I don't know if it's normal to be Tribore either. Let's see if you can clarify my ideas a bit. Thank you.

Kromson F.O 32 D' Or
Arturo Fernandez 16 ga
AyA 106 20 ga

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:31 pm 
Crown Grade

Tiguan16 wrote:
Hi, I have two new concerns with this shotgun. It works perfectly although while cleaning the weapon I have observed a couple of details that disturb me. The first is that the interchangeable shock is loosened with the shots. I don't know if it's normal but in my other shotgun with shock it didn't happen. And second when cleaning the cannon outside I notice in the last third of it that there is a bulge. I don't know if it's normal to be Tribore either. Let's see if you can clarify my ideas a bit. Thank you.

Tiguan, not real sure what you are referring to by the term " interchangeable shock ", so can`t comment on that. The bulge you`re seeing, though, is perfectly normal.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:48 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Tiguan16 wrote:

You worry too much. "Shock" in Englsh translates to "choque" in Spanish. You are apparently talking about the chokes. I haven't had any problem, but you need to tighten them properly and check them periodically like on all shotguns.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:14 pm 
Field Grade

I do mean "shock" or strangulation. Today when I went to remove it to clean, it was practically loose. I'm afraid to tighten it too much and spoil the thread. Thanks for the answers.

Kromson F.O 32 D' Or
Arturo Fernandez 16 ga
AyA 106 20 ga

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:15 pm 
Crown Grade

Go ahead and snug them down firmly just don't go crazy with effort. I have not had a gun that the choke tubes would not loosen at least a little after use. The V3 I have has had them loosen the least. The L4S choke tubes would loosen more than the V3, and the Tristar more than the L4s. If the exterior treads are kept clean and properly lubed it seems that they all will do that to some degree. Therefore they should be checked regularly. I find that a single strip of teflon tape wrapped tightly around the threads will prevent the loosening. I still take them out periodically to make sure they do not get stuck tight which is far worse than a bit of loosening.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:02 am 
Field Grade

I also consider it better to have to occasionally tighten the "shocks" that are blocked in the thread and have to go to the gunsmith to solve the problem. I will take the tightening wrench with me to check that they are tightly tightened. Thank you.

Kromson F.O 32 D' Or
Arturo Fernandez 16 ga
AyA 106 20 ga

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:46 pm 
Tournament Grade

Tiguan16 wrote:
I also consider it better to have to occasionally tighten the "shocks" that are blocked in the thread and have to go to the gunsmith to solve the problem. I will take the tightening wrench with me to check that they are tightly tightened. Thank you.

Just be careful when tightening the chokes with the wrench. Don’t tighten too much! I shoot trap with my Fabarm XLR5 (which is the predecessor to the L4S), and I simply check the choke after each round of 25 and finger-tighten it firmly if necessary. No big deal. It usually doesn’t loosen up until after 3 or 4 25-shot rounds. Also, be sure to put a light film of grease on the choke threads to avoid having the choke get stuck in place. After each shooting session I clean the barrel with the choke in place first, then remove the choke and clean it thoroughly inside and out, apply a thin film of grease on the threads inside the barrel and on the choke. Screw it back into the barrel and finger-tighten firmly.

Congratulations on your new gun! {hs#

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:30 pm 
Field Grade

ClaysOnlyShooter wrote:
Tiguan16 wrote:

Just be careful when tightening the chokes with the wrench. Don’t tighten too much! I shoot trap with my Fabarm XLR5 (which is the predecessor to the L4S), and I simply check the choke after each round of 25 and finger-tighten it firmly if necessary. No big deal. It usually doesn’t loosen up until after 3 or 4 25-shot rounds. Also, be sure to put a light film of grease on the choke threads to avoid having the choke get stuck in place. After each shooting session I clean the barrel with the choke in place first, then remove the choke and clean it thoroughly inside and out, apply a thin film of grease on the threads inside the barrel and on the choke. Screw it back into the barrel and finger-tighten firmly.

Congratulations on your new gun! {hs#

Thank you very much I will take your advice into consideration. Greetings and Happy Holidays.

Tiguan.

Kromson F.O 32 D' Or
Arturo Fernandez 16 ga
AyA 106 20 ga

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:50 am 
Field Grade

Hello, I have not entered the forum for a long time, I hope that you are all in good health and that this virus has not entered your homes. I have a query to make, because as you know I have a Fabarm L4S Initial Hunter with which I am delighted, but when it comes to cleaning it I have a hard time removing the barrel of the weapon, is there any way to make it come out more easily? It is true that the barrel ends up coming out, but it happens when I make enough force and when it comes out the barrel ends up hitting other parts of the weapon, something that I don't want to happen. Any suggestion? Thank you very much,

Tiguan.

Kromson F.O 32 D' Or
Arturo Fernandez 16 ga
AyA 106 20 ga

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:28 am 
Crown Grade

Tiguan16 wrote:
Hello, I have not entered the forum for a long time, I hope that you are all in good health and that this virus has not entered your homes. I have a query to make, because as you know I have a Fabarm L4S Initial Hunter with which I am delighted, but when it comes to cleaning it I have a hard time removing the barrel of the weapon, is there any way to make it come out more easily? It is true that the barrel ends up coming out, but it happens when I make enough force and when it comes out the barrel ends up hitting other parts of the weapon, something that I don't want to happen. Any suggestion? Thank you very much,

Tiguan.

Mine does exactly the same thing. I’ll be curious to see what others say. These guns are well made with tight tolerances. Mine gets kind of stuck after shooting.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:09 am 
Field Grade

The same is for the expansion of the metal. Today I cleaned mine after several days without dipping and the barrel came off effortlessly.

Kromson F.O 32 D' Or
Arturo Fernandez 16 ga
AyA 106 20 ga

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:22 am 
Crown Grade

Tiguan16 wrote:
The same is for the expansion of the metal. Today I cleaned mine after several days without dipping and the barrel came off effortlessly.

Metal expansion during shooting. Should have thought of that. I`ll bet that`s it. I, too, do not see any difficulty in removing the barrel if the metal`s " cold ".

Post subject: Re: Opinión sobre Fabarm L4S
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:26 pm 
Field Grade

Tidefanatic wrote:
Tiguan16 wrote:

Metal expansion during shooting. Should have thought of that. I`ll bet that`s it. I, too, do not see any difficulty in removing the barrel if the metal`s " cold ".

I think that will be it.

Kromson F.O 32 D' Or
Arturo Fernandez 16 ga
AyA 106 20 ga

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:28 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Tiguan16 wrote:
Any suggestion? Thank you very much,

Tiguan.

Lube the barrel extension prior to assembly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:30 pm 
Crown Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Tiguan16 wrote:
Any suggestion? Thank you very much,

Tiguan.

Lube the barrel extension prior to assembly.

I do. Still can be tight. Might try a touch of grease next time, though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:34 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Super-Lube- ... /202932687

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:11 am 
Crown Grade

At first I didn't know what to do on the difficulty of removing the barrel after shooting in order to clean it. I finally got it to come off the receiver but it took some pulling. From then on I sprayed Safari Charlie (non petroleum based) which is quick drying on the tang, top and bottom. No more barrel removal problems.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:27 am 
Crown Grade

Tiguan16 wrote:
fatguywithafirearm wrote:
Still one of the softest shooting shotguns I've ever owned. Took mine out to the local 5 Stand today to warm her up for Dove season. Shot 20, 21,21, and 23, this thing is a dove killing machine.

Nice hanger and beautiful shotgun. My perception is that it has more recoil than the other semi-automatic ones that I used at least with the 34 gram cartridge that I shot.

Tiguan.

34 grms. is a heavy load for a 6 1/4 lb. shotgun. You can add weight, front and rear, to help with the recoil from Fabarm. Screw on weights on the forearm and screw in weight in the buttstock will help along with a KICK-EEZ recoil pad.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:38 pm 
Field Grade

Imager

With a 34-gram Fam Beretta cartridge and 6 lead, this hare remained on the site. The shot hit the neck at about 25-30 meters.

Kromson F.O 32 D' Or
Arturo Fernandez 16 ga
AyA 106 20 ga

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:33 pm 
Limited Edition

Exactly! It’s why I have 2 H368s and an Elos D2!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next