ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New FAIR 16 Jubilee Prestige custom engraving
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:29 am 
Limited Edition

Just picked it up yesterday. Thought there'd be a much longer delay due to covid-19 in N. Italy, but I ordered in late Feb.

The two dogs are my labs they engraved from pics I sent. The wood is fantastic --these low res images don't do the engraving or wood justice. I'm really pleased with the fit and finish. I've been a Beretta guy for decades, but these FAIRs are really a lot of gun for the money.

I got this one thru Lion Country Supply and they were great to work with.

Have not shot it yet.

Last edited by MNGunner on Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New FAIR 16 Jubilee Prestige custom engraving
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:26 pm 
Diamond Grade

It’s neat that you can get it personalized that way.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:53 pm 
Limited Edition

Patently Obvious wrote:
It’s neat that you can get it personalized that way.

I thought so (also not as expensive as I would have thought). Tribute to my dogs and a beautiful shotgun.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:25 am 
Limited Edition

What a great tribute to your dogs! And fantastic shotgun.

I've always liked the Jubilee although the Prestige is the new kid on the block and I have considered it. Have a 16 ga. FAIR made NEA 500 with 28" bbls (hunting) and 30" for clays. Must be at least 20 years old now and never had an issue with it. Also a FAIR made Verona in 12 ga. for my son around 15 years ago. Friday ordered a FAIR Iside in 16 ga. it will be yet another grouse gun for me.

I talked to James High at IFG about custom ordering a FAIR SxS for clays awhile back and he did mention the custom engraving and somewhere I have all the prices for custom options written down. After seeing yours wow.... Not that I need another gun, but what the heck does need have to do with it?!

Thanks for posting yours and enjoy it and the memories of your dogs.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:50 pm 
Limited Edition

Cold Iron wrote:

I've always liked the Jubilee although the Prestige is the new kid on the block and I have considered it. Have a 16 ga. FAIR made NEA 500 with 28" bbls (hunting) and 30" for clays. Must be at least 20 years old now and never had an issue with it. Also a FAIR made Verona in 12 ga. for my son around 15 years ago. Friday ordered a FAIR Iside in 16 ga. it will be yet another grouse gun for me.

I talked to James High at IFG about custom ordering a FAIR SxS for clays awhile back and he did mention the custom engraving and somewhere I have all the prices for custom options written down. After seeing yours wow.... Not that I need another gun, but what the heck does need have to do with it?!

Thanks, Cold Iron (I see you're in Minnesota too)! I got the FAIR Jubilee Prestige Tararuga Gold 16 ga last year and love it! I could not miss pheasants with it--fits just like my Beretta 686/7s but has much trimmer feel. When I saw what they can do for not too much money (I think on the customs, they try to include exceptional wood too at no cost and it was only a few hundred more dollars), I ordered this one. There were other options too that would have added cost that I did not want (e.g. gold inlay on the engraving and I also went with the standard woodcock and scroll work they use on their Jubilee Prestige). I do like the Prestige editions for the extended sideplate.

The problem is I have two other black labs--I originally wanted all four dogs on the same gun, but the images were getting too small. So now I need to order another one for the other two dogs :lol:

My friend picked up an Iside Prestige Tartaruga Gold SxS 16 ga last year and it is a gorgeous gun!! I don't own and SxS, so maybe a 20ga Iside for my other two dogs.

Let me know how you like your new 16ga Iside (and I might see you in the grouse woods--I hunt in Chippewa Nat Forest for grouse, though not as often as I hunt pheasants in W. Minnesota or ducks/geese). What dealer did you order your Iside thru (is there a Minnesota FAIR dealer)?

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:19 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

I like the gun!

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:28 pm 
Limited Edition

RandyWakeman wrote:
I like the gun!

Thanks, Randy! I appreciate it.

I am super pleased with how it turned out. A little nerve wracking since the only interim feedback I got was a PDF of what the sideplates were going to look like. Then nothing with all of N Italy shutdown...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:02 am 
Crown Grade

Fantastic gun, something to treasure forever. I have trouble with manufacturers just getting my dimensions correct, but seeing that work gives me hope that it can be done right. How about a shooting report when you're able to get out?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:17 am 
Limited Edition

Riflemeister wrote:
Fantastic gun, something to treasure forever. I have trouble with manufacturers just getting my dimensions correct, but seeing that work gives me hope that it can be done right. How about a shooting report when you're able to get out?

Thanks!

Not exactly an in-depth report, but I took it out Friday eve in and only had 30 target loads. I shot 30/30 using my Whirlybird 2.0 auto trap (all were clean breaks) and a Briley skeet choke in the bottom barrel and IC in the top. The action still needs some break in as did my other FAIR 16 ga. The metal-to-metal fit is really tight. The bottom barrel has inconsistent ejection as did my other FAIR (and my Beretta 687 12 ga). It is getting better as the parts marry into eachother (actually only have this problem on both FAIRs with Browning target loads--the fired hulls have a much larger crimp than Federal and I think with the gun and ejectors being so tight, at times causes problems). Again, not a concern at all since I have seen this exact thing before and it just requires a little break in.

The guns fits me perfectly and I seem to shoot it well--really happy with it!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:54 am 
Presentation Grade

You won the wood lottery on that one.
I have a used, but like new, FAIR Jubilee 16 gauge on its way to me, but as the base model, it has plain vanilla wood.
Best wishes with your beautiful new gun.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:38 pm 
Limited Edition

saskbooknut wrote:
You won the wood lottery on that one.
I have a used, but like new, FAIR Jubilee 16 gauge on its way to me, but as the base model, it has plain vanilla wood.
Best wishes with your beautiful new gun.

Thanks saskbooknut! I have been very please with the wood on both my FAIRs. This is the one I bought last year:

That was just what they gave me on my Jubilee Prestige Taratuga Gold 16ga. That was my best wood up until this newest one.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:47 pm 
Crown Grade

MNGunner wrote:
Cold Iron wrote:

Thanks, Cold Iron (I see you're in Minnesota too)! I got the FAIR Jubilee Prestige Tararuga Gold 16 ga last year and love it! I could not miss pheasants with it--fits just like my Beretta 686/7s but has much trimmer feel. When I saw what they can do for not too much money (I think on the customs, they try to include exceptional wood too at no cost and it was only a few hundred more dollars), I ordered this one. There were other options too that would have added cost that I did not want (e.g. gold inlay on the engraving and I also went with the standard woodcock and scroll work they use on their Jubilee Prestige). I do like the Prestige editions for the extended sideplate.

The problem is I have two other black labs--I originally wanted all four dogs on the same gun, but the images were getting too small. So now I need to order another one for the other two dogs :lol:

My friend picked up an Iside Prestige Tartaruga Gold SxS 16 ga last year and it is a gorgeous gun!! I don't own and SxS, so maybe a 20ga Iside for my other two dogs.

Let me know how you like your new 16ga Iside (and I might see you in the grouse woods--I hunt in Chippewa Nat Forest for grouse, though not as often as I hunt pheasants in W. Minnesota or ducks/geese). What dealer did you order your Iside thru (is there a Minnesota FAIR dealer)?

Thanks again.

Better not get anymore dogs! :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:18 pm 
Limited Edition

oyeme wrote:
MNGunner wrote:
Cold Iron wrote:

Thanks again.

Better not get anymore dogs! :shock: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:35 pm 
Field Grade

Stunning engraving. Bravo!

Are the FAIR 16 gauges made on a dedicated smaller frame or on the 12 gauge frame? The new B Rizzini BR 110 is not true 16 gauge frame if I recall correctly but I was not sure about the I. Rizzinni FAIR models.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:48 am 
Limited Edition

simslax wrote:
Stunning engraving. Bravo!

Are the FAIR 16 gauges made on a dedicated smaller frame or on the 12 gauge frame? The new B Rizzini BR 110 is not true 16 gauge frame if I recall correctly but I was not sure about the I. Rizzinni FAIR models.

Thanks! I really think they are one of the best deals out there (this one was $2,650). 5 chokes, nice hard case included. I think the price with their standard engraving was $2,200 and he said they try to pick the best wood for their customs, so I got that for "free."

The FAIR U/O 16's (I'm not sure if ALL their 16ga models are, but all the ones I can find on their website are) are made on their own frame size and is one of the reasons I like them so much. This link has pictures:

https://www.fair.it/images/prodotti/da-caccia/sovrapposti/JubileePrestige/jubileeprestige_box3_m.jpg

"JUBILEE: F.A.I.R.®’s line of luxury over-and-under shotguns. Our master gunsmiths’ care and skill make these guns the pride of our company. These guns are available in 12, 16, 20, 28 and 410, with actions specifically designed for each (410 is made on a 28 gauge action)"

I weighed my other FAIR Jubilee 16ga (28" barrels also) and it's 6.4 lbs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:11 pm 
Limited Edition

Update: the ejectors (and action) have broken in and reliably kick the shells out. I've been using TW-25 grease on the friction points and then cleaning off and used grease and re-applying a light coat.

I really shoot both this gun and my other FAIR 16ga really well. I've been smoking clays and dropping pheasants. Very happy with this purchase!