ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shotgun trade for Pilla Outlaws
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:00 pm 
Utility Grade

So a little background. I got into clay sports about two years ago. I bought a CZ Redhead Premiere Target as my starter gun and shot it very well up until this past March. Since I have really enjoyed the sport, I decided to upgrade to a Rizzini BR110 Sporter and had plans to sell the CZ. I’ve had it posted at the club ever since and have gotten no interest in it so far.

Here’s where I need some advice. My local shop has a great deal on a set of Pilla Outlaw X6s with three lenses for $750 with the carbon temples. When I was there over the weekend, the shop owner said that he would accept a trade for a set. My thought is that, if I can’t sell the gun without taking a huge loss, I might as well add a professional grade piece of equipment to my bag. I’m currently using a set of Wiley X detection glasses.

So what do you all think? Is this a worthwhile deal to make?

Post subject: Re: Shotgun trade for Pilla Outlaws
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:05 pm 
Tournament Grade

I don't know if I would do this trade. I see where you are coming from though. Are there any good reasons for you to keep the shotgun?

Also, it might be good to know what lenses come with the set.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:12 pm 
Utility Grade

zxcvbnm wrote:
.....Are there any good reasons for you to keep the shotgun?

Also, it might be good to know what lenses come with the set.

The only reason I would keep it would be as a loaner to occasionally take friends to the range with me. That happens rarely so it’s not a big loss. As far as the lenses go, the set comes with my choice of any three of the regularly priced (non progressive) lenses that I want.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:02 pm 
Diamond Grade

well nice glasses make a big difference in seeing the target well. i bought randolph rangers for something like $225 iirc and enjoy them. So you could spend less on glasses. But with the Pillas you won't have to worry about upgrade-itis.

So let's say you could get $500 for the gun then drop half that on some Randolphs or similar. You'd have $250 give or take in your pocket after going through the hassle of selling. OR you could get it all done in one shot, no hassle and have a very nice set of glasses.

So i think i've talked myself into suggesting you go for it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Have you looked through/tried them out? I bought into the Pilla hype but as for myself they didn't work as well as the Ranger Edges I was using and went back to them. Lost my behind with the Pilla's but If they work for others good for them :) Just didn't for me

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Rose City Clays - Tyler TX
5H Shooting Sports Frankston TX ( Formally the Chicken Ranch)
Caney Creek- Teague TX

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:38 pm 
Utility Grade

hopper810 wrote:
Have you looked through/tried them out? ...

I went to the shop and did a fitting with the owner. They also carry RE Ranger and got to try them on side by side as well as the Pilla Panthers. I have a big a$$ head and the X6 was by far the most comfortable and had the least obstructed view.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:07 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Good deal :) Enjoy which ever one you decide on :)

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Rose City Clays - Tyler TX
5H Shooting Sports Frankston TX ( Formally the Chicken Ranch)
Caney Creek- Teague TX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:56 am 
Crown Grade

Personally, I’d take the deal.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:33 am 
Crown Grade

GunBrokers shows 4 used CZ Redhead Premiere that have sold in the last 90 days and all 4 sold for more than the price of those glasses.

I don't believe the Pilla's are worth anywhere near what they charge for them. My shooting partner bought into the Pilla "cool factor" hype and switched from Decot to Pilla. Scratched a lens and the replacement was more than a new 3 lens set of Decot Hi-Wides. Sold the Pilla and went back to the Decot. He didn't see any benefit to his shooting with the Pilla.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:43 pm 
Field Grade

I traded a couple of guns I had in the safe for a couple of nice PW reloaders a while back. I never looked back.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:27 pm 
Crown Grade

I don't have a clue what a Pilla Outlaw is but if you want to sell your gun, maybe you should expand your potential market. You can post it for sale on here in the classified ads & I believe you can list it on "Guns International" & other sites.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:31 pm 
Utility Grade

I've been looking into it, but I've never bought or sold firearms online so I'm still researching to get used to all of the steps involved.