ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Armsan / Legacy Arms Pointer Semi-Auto Opinions Please
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:48 pm 
Tournament Grade

Hi all,

Was cruising the local Cabelas and saw some Armsan / Legacy Pointer 12 gauge semi-autos on the rack for $379, identical to this: https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/100623673

They are obviously synthetic stocked with a cheaper matte finish, but curious if any of you have experience with these? I know they are made by Armsan, which also makes the Tristar shotguns (Viper, Raptor), the Weatherby SA-08, and I believe one of the Mossberg semis as well. In looking at the schematics in the owner's manuals, the parts diagrams look very similar between the Tristar Raptor and the Pointer. While they don't say Phenoma on them, I think they have been referred to by this name.

Looking for a soft shooting gas gun for my son to use in informal recreational sporting clays shooting, and curious if this would be a good option or if another $200 for a Beretta A300 Outlander would be better? Curious to hear from people who have actual experience shooting the Pointers. Thanks!

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Armsan / Legacy Arms Pointer Semi-Auto Opinions Please
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:34 pm 
Limited Edition

All the reviews I've researched on the Legacy pointer shotguns have been BAD. Go with the Tristar G2 or Weatherby sa-08. Reviews on these gun have been good. I have a Tristar G2 in 410 and its been flawless.