ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta A303 for $375
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:08 pm 
Field Grade

LGS has a Beretta A303 with a 30" full choke barrel for $375. Seems like it might be a nice backup to bring to the trap range when going with friends.

The usual scratches on the stock--it's been in the field some. Nothing obviously mechanically wrong, no massive chunks out of the stock. Worth $375? Seems to be, but I've never had an auto, so I dunno if I should just save some more an buy a new 1100 at some point.

Post subject: Re: Beretta A303 for $375
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:27 pm 
Crown Grade

If it works like it should, definitely worth the $375

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:25 pm 
Presentation Grade

Buy it. $375 is cheap for a 303 in todays market.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:45 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

cormacf wrote:
LGS has a Beretta A303 with a 30" full choke barrel for $375. Seems like it might be a nice backup to bring to the trap range when going with friends.

The usual scratches on the stock--it's been in the field some. Nothing obviously mechanically wrong, no massive chunks out of the stock. Worth $375? Seems to be, but I've never had an auto, so I dunno if I should just save some more an buy a new 1100 at some point.

If you're a dedicated trap shooter and don't have another backup gun, I suppose this one will do. But, other than that, it's not suited for much of anything else. I suppose that the price is OK, but it's a "one trick pony". It was also discontinued about 30 years ago and I'm not certain of the availability of parts. Although it was a predecessor to the 390 and 391, I'm uncertain which parts may interchange.

Personally, unless you're a dedicated trap shooter, I'd suggest something a bit more versatile. You never know when you might want to have some REAL fun and shoot sporting clays. :wink: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Here is a link to an article by Bruce Buck about the Beretta 303 and some interesting comments about how it compares with other semi-autos. The article was written about 5 years ago. https://shotgunreport.com/2015/08/07/303-berettas-2/

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:41 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

$375 for a Beretta 303 in good shape is a bargain.
Extra barrels are readily available cheap to teach that pony other tricks.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... l&_sacat=0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:23 pm 
Presentation Grade

Ulysses wrote:
cormacf wrote:

If you're a dedicated trap shooter and don't have another backup gun, I suppose this one will do. But, other than that, it's not suited for much of anything else. I suppose that the price is OK, but it's a "one trick pony". It was also discontinued about 30 years ago and I'm not certain of the availability of parts. Although it was a predecessor to the 390 and 391, I'm uncertain which parts may interchange.

Personally, unless you're a dedicated trap shooter, I'd suggest something a bit more versatile. You never know when you might want to have some REAL fun and shoot sporting clays. :wink: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Here is a link to an article by Bruce Buck about the Beretta 303 and some interesting comments about how it compares with other semi-autos. The article was written about 5 years ago. https://shotgunreport.com/2015/08/07/303-berettas-2/

Thanks for adding that Bruce Buck link. I have similar negative opinions of the 390 pistol grip. The "other" listed firearms in that article are directly relevant to the OP.