ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tristar Bristol
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:13 pm 
Field Grade

Tristar has a SXS model called a Bristol looks to be made by Khan.
Turkish I’m sure, Anyone know anything about them?

Post subject: Re: Tristar Bristol
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:16 pm 
Limited Edition

I don't see them anywhere in Tristar's website . I would call them and ask about it. could be "new old stock" . maybe discontinued so better ask questions first.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:44 pm 
Field Grade

.45colt wrote:
I don't see them anywhere in Tristar's website . I would call them and ask about it. could be "new old stock" . maybe discontinued so better ask questions first.

several Cabela's / bass pro shops have them for sale on Guns International

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:27 pm 
Crown Grade

I saw one today at cabela’s , 410 very thin wrist English stock/ tiny splinter foreend. So tiny it looked toy like. The finish was nice, and the wood had character.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:30 pm 
Limited Edition

Mark wrote: "several Cabela's / bass pro shops have them for sale on Guns International " I have seen those and wondered about them. I am a fan of the Tristar Viper G2's. I would call Tristar and talk to them if I was interested. some one always answers the phone during business hours.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:41 pm 
Field Grade

Looked at the Bristol today at Cabelas in 28ga. 28” barrels, single trigger, selector, extractors. case harden frame, blued barrels. Chokes look to be mobil. I put one on thei scale an it weighed 5.25 lbs.
I suspect this is a Cabelas/bass pro exclusive. Sale dude didn’t know.

Very thin grip, stock fit me better (higher comb) than a CZ bob G2.
$919.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:22 pm 
Limited Edition

Did you happen to try the trigger pull? Nice weight for a 28 sxs. CZ seem to be closer to 6# from what I can gather.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:42 pm 
Field Grade

Flyn'dutchman wrote:
Did you happen to try the trigger pull? Nice weight for a 28 sxs. CZ seem to be closer to 6# from what I can gather.

I did not. Trigger locks on all their guns.
The CZ bobwhite G2 I had weighed 6# 2oz

The lack of a flat rib was a bit of a negative.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:32 pm 
Limited Edition

Bought one yesterday. Selected the heaviest of the three they had. 5#5oz on my scale. Dark wood, not as much figuring as I would have liked but that one seemed to point better. Trigger is well under 5# with mechanical reset. Manual safety. Mobil chokes but none of my Beretta chokes will screw in, too tight. Have same problem with a 410 Viper. Oh well, it comes with 5. These are being sold as used guns because they were demo guns. Talked to Tri Star service about warranty coverage and they are fully covered. Will see how it goes today.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:43 am 
Tournament Grade

Flyn'dutchman wrote:
Mobil chokes but none of my Beretta chokes will screw in, too tight. Have same problem with a 410 Viper.
Congratulations on your purchase. I'm thinking about getting a Bristol, too. I had the same choke problem after I bought my 28 ga. Viper G2 a couple of years ago. I never actually tried the chokes that came with my Beretta because I prefer extended chokes and already had mobil chokes I bought years ago from Briley for my Beretta. Only one would fit my G2. I saw on Briley's website that they want you to buy outrageously priced custom chokes for a G2. I contacted TriStar and they wanted me to send them the gun and my Briley chokes. In just a couple of days, they called me and said the problem wasn't the threading on the gun; it was that the threading on the chokes was too shallow. They said that Carlson chokes fit perfectly. I had the gun and my Briley chokes back within a week. Bought a selection of Carlson mobil chokes (which are significantly less expensive that Briley mobil chokes) and they fit perfectly. Just a suggestion - you might want to try Carlson chokes. I'll never buy another Briley choke. I'm satisfied with the Carlson's but I might try TruLock, too.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:52 pm 
Limited Edition

Thanks for the info on the Carlson chokes. I use them in my 20 ga Invector choked gun and like them. I see they also have 410 Mobil chokes available now. I really don't want extended chokes for my sxs so may have to order from Tri Star to get an extra flush IC.