ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CZ Bobwhite g2?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:01 pm 
Tournament Grade

There is a lightly used 20 ga available at a very fair price. I have heard of issues with Huglu made guns. Thoughts please.

Post subject: Re: CZ Bobwhite g2?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:54 pm 
Field Grade

I just got mine yesterday, we'll have it on the course later in the week and report in...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:25 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

My break open Huglu's have been bullet proof, I had 2 issues with my 912, but they fixed it, and been good ever since, and my 920 had quality issues, but they got it running like a swiss watch now, and my 912 Tom Knapp edition has been perfect.

cdb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:20 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

myshootinstinks wrote:
There is a lightly used 20 ga available at a very fair price. I have heard of issues with Huglu made guns. Thoughts please.

I just purchased a G2 in 12 ga. Love it.

I did have the triggers adjusted on all of my Huglu guns... they're now around 5.5 lbs. Front trigger is slightly less.

DeHaan SO in 16
CZ Partridge in 20
CZ Bobwhite G2 in 12

When I first bought the new G2, the triggers were close to 9 lbs.

Years ago, there were issues with sears/firing pins (resolved with serial numbers after 07), but they could be resolved with a trip to CZ-USA. The company that is handling their warranty work escapes me. Maybe Briley or Carlson???

I haven't heard of any issues with the G2. I thought for about 20 minutes before buying my 12 gauge.... my big concern was 'how to get it past the OWMBO (One Who Must Be Obeyed)

I hope that helps.
Maggs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:51 pm 
Crown Grade

The Achilles heal of the CZ/Huglu break open guns has been the leaf springs for the most part, in my experience. They no longer use leaf springs & now have coil springs. I actually like the leaf spring guns better once they have good springs installed because they have a Greener 3 rd bite locking bolt in addition to the double locking underlugs. I don't know that they are better. Many high quality guns have been made without a 3 rd. bite as it is called. I wouldn't let that stop me from buyina a G2. I have two Huglu made SXS guns. A old model 20 ga. Blobwhite & a DeHann SO in 12 ga.. Both guns had springs to break after a few shots but once replaced with good springs, they have functioned flawlessly. I haven't shot the Bobwhite extensively but the SO has been to Canada once & to N. Dakota twice plus being used here a lot. It has digested a lot of Hevi Shot reloads & taken Canada geese, Snow geese, numerous ducks and pheasants without showing any ill effects

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:00 pm 
Limited Edition

I have been shooting a 20 G2 for the past two seasons. Had the front end of the trigger guard come apart with the first disassembly to seal all the wood edges. Quick trip freight paid by CZ fixed that and had the triggers worked to under 5#. Mine is a bit heavy at 6#6oz but it shots to poa with both barrels and I shoot it well. The lop is a bit short for me so I use a slip on pad to adjust.